Summer All-Star Game

ftbll4life

Now that there is not an official KY-Tenn All-Star game the state has decided to put together an East/West game, that I believe is a joke. I'm from Jefferson County and there is not a fair representation of the county on those teams. T and X have way too many players and there are a ton of public school kids not on here. It has become a very political game. It's about who you know now. Something must be done to make this a better all-star game.

How about splitting the state into four regions and play two games at a site in one of the regions area. Every four years your region would host the all-star games. IMO, this is a much better idea that the one we are using now.

What to you guys think? I know that Jefferson County Coaches have started the talk.

Now that there is not an official KY-Tenn All-Star game the state has decided to put together an East/West game, that I believe is a joke. I'm from Jefferson County and there is not a fair representation of the county on those teams. T and X have way too many players and there are a ton of public school kids not on here. It has become a very political game. It's about who you know now. Something must be done to make this a better all-star game.

How about splitting the state into four regions and play two games at a site in one of the regions area. Every four years your region would host the all-star games. IMO, this is a much better idea that the one we are using now.

What to you guys think? I know that Jefferson County Coaches have started the talk.

And everyone gets trophies and ribbons and a capri sun after the game.

Cry me a river.

To begin with, with the East/West game, twice as many Kentucky players get to play as opposed to the KY/Tn game. Second, we have the Border Bowl, that allows additional players to get some exposure. Thirdly, many regions do have All-Star games, perhaps you should have asked that first to give you some background. North-Eastern Kentucky has it's own East/West game, I believe NKY, and WKY has the same thing.

Fourthly, if your team's players didn't get selected, contact the coach, I would say that will shed a lot of light on the situation. And, fifthly, if Jefferson County has all the talent why don't you start a Jefferson County All-Star game and select who ever you want, the NEKY East/West game was started by one man, so you can do it.

Tough situation. Coaches try to select kids by watching film. A lot of the time coaches out in the state have little or no knowledge of the abilities of Jefferson County kids. I guess you have certain privilages when you coach in the game. Love the 4 region two game idea. Even more kids will get to play.

The East/West game gives more kids around the state to play in an all-star game. These rosters are filled with tons of talent. Every player that is on these teams deserved the honor.

No question! But, some people would argue that there are some left off that were as deserving!

I went to the East West game last year... I was amongst 200+ fans at Papa Johns watching the game in the rain. The format is an embarassment to the players as well as to the state of Kentucky. This format does not sell Kentucky HS football to anyone in or out of the state of Kentucky.

Move the game to Georgetown College. Make an attempt to play before a pact stadium and try to sell the game to the media and generate ticket sales. Louisville does not support the HS All Star game so let's move it and upgrade the enthusiasm for these fine athletes.

Just being factful and honest!

I went to the East West game last year... I was amongst 200+ fans at Papa Johns watching the game in the rain. The format is an embarassment to the players as well as to the state of Kentucky. This format does not sell Kentucky HS football to anyone in or out of the state of Kentucky.

Move the game to Georgetown College. Make an attempt to play before a pact stadium and try to sell the game to the media and generate ticket sales. Louisville does not support the HS All Star game so let's move it and upgrade the enthusiasm for these fine athletes.

Just being factful and honest!

I agree, it needs to be a bigger event. Plus, like this year, and last year, North-Eastern Kentucky game is on the same day as the Kentucky East/West game. I can drive a long distance to watch one Raceland player play, or a short distance to watch 3 or 4 Raceland players play.

It needs to be an event that no real football fan can miss.

I agree, it needs to be a bigger event. Plus, like this year, and last year, North-Eastern Kentucky game is on the same day as the Kentucky East/West game. I can drive a long distance to watch one Raceland player play, or a short distance to watch 3 or 4 Raceland players play.

It needs to be an event that no real football fan can miss.

I agree... but moving it to the far western part of our state will not generate state wide interest. It's a start.