Lost

halfback20

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so.

I think that is a woman that we've seen in Desmonds flash backs earlier on in the series. I think he bought Penelope's engagement ring from that woman. I can't remember what else she did...

I think she might be Faraday's mother too.

Do we know the old woman Ben talks to at the end?

For some reason, I feel like she first showed up in Desmond's first "out-of-body" episode. I don't remember what she did or her significance, but I feel like she was there.

HB20, I agree, most things were not really suprising. That doesn't change the fact that I liked it a lot. I was really happy to see that some of the hanging plot points at the end of last season were dealt with really decisively. I hate when a show drags on a meaningless plot point (Having a specified end-date is a decided advantage for the writers).

For some reason, I feel like she first showed up in Desmond's first "out-of-body" episode. I don't remember what she did or her significance, but I feel like she was there.

HB20, I agree, most things were not really suprising. That doesn't change the fact that I liked it a lot. I was really happy to see that some of the hanging plot points at the end of last season were dealt with really decisively. I hate when a show drags on a meaningless plot point (Having a specified end-date is a decided advantage for the writers).

What plot points are you talking about? I guess I'm still a little confused. I watched the season finale from last season again...but I'm still a little foggy.

What plot points are you talking about? I guess I'm still a little confused. I watched the season finale from last season again...but I'm still a little foggy.

Having Faraday's boat inside the radius of the "anomaly" or whatever you want to call it, was a good decision I thought. I feared that they might leave them floating in the ocean and that them getting back would become a thing.

They also handled the time issue as well as could be expected. In the Lost universe, events in the past cannot be changed. Something will always happen to prevent such a change. They could have elected to create a universe that was way more complicated and, in the process, a little unwieldy for viewers like me.

Also, at the end of last season, the Oceanic Six were spread out and unconnected. They have brought them back together within the first two episodes of the show, which is much more interesting that doing it very slowly and one at a time.

I really feel like that the shortened timeline for the show's run has given the writers a visible goal that they can work toward, which a lot of shows don't get, a situation that can cause TV writers to draw out plot points that simply need to be over and done (see Jim and Pam's series-long courtship on The Office). None of the plot points were huge, but Lost has found its way back to being fast-paced and directed toward resolving a central conflict, which is something the second and third seasons most definitely were not.

Having Faraday's boat inside the radius of the "anomaly" or whatever you want to call it, was a good decision I thought. I feared that they might leave them floating in the ocean and that them getting back would become a thing.

They also handled the time issue as well as could be expected. In the Lost universe, events in the past cannot be changed. Something will always happen to prevent such a change. They could have elected to create a universe that was way more complicated and, in the process, a little unwieldy for viewers like me.

Also, at the end of last season, the Oceanic Six were spread out and unconnected. They have brought them back together within the first two episodes of the show, which is much more interesting that doing it very slowly and one at a time.

I really feel like that the shortened timeline for the show's run has given the writers a visible goal that they can work toward, which a lot of shows don't get, a situation that can cause TV writers to draw out plot points that simply need to be over and done (see Jim and Pam's series-long courtship on The Office). None of the plot points were huge, but Lost has found its way back to being fast-paced and directed toward resolving a central conflict, which is something the second and third seasons most definitely were not.

You do know Jim and Pam are together right? :p

But I agree with pretty much the rest of your post.

I believe so.

I think that is a woman that we've seen in Desmonds flash backs earlier on in the series. I think he bought Penelope's engagement ring from that woman. I can't remember what else she did...

I think she might be Faraday's mother too.

I thinking this also.

It's strange but, didn't Desmond change the future when he saved Charlie's life the first 3-4 times before drowning in the underwater Dharma building?

Is anyone starting to distrust Sun (or is it Jin I get confused)?

Theory:

She knows that Kate isn't Aaron's mother so she hires the attorneys to try to get a blood sample knowing that Kate would run. She then coincindentally calls Kate while she is on the lam and they meet. I'm not buying the whole "I don't blame you for his death thing." Sun (or is it Jin) has someting in mind for Kate to help in her plot to kill Ben (or maybe Widmore).