UFC 94: St. Pierre vs Penn II

I watched my first UFC pay-per-view this past weekend, and was pretty much bored to tears. I gave it a shot, and it lived down to my expectations....

You've gotta watch more than just one event. Some are much better than others. This one I didn't go any where to watch it as I didn't think it would be a very good one. However the next event I will order and pay for it myself if I have to. It will be very good.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched my first UFC pay-per-view this past weekend, and was pretty much bored to tears. I gave it a shot, and it lived down to my expectations....

The last card was ok not bad not great. Give it another try with this next card on the 31st. If you cant get into that then I dont think you ever will.

Anybody making the trip to Columbus March 7th? Jackson/Jardine in the Main Event, I hoping to take this one in, in-person...

I wanted to but I dont think its going to be that great of a card so Im probably going to pass on it. Rampage will probably maul Jardine and end that one in the first. I'll just get that one on tv.

I wanted to but I dont think its going to be that great of a card so Im probably going to pass on it. Rampage will probably maul Jardine and end that one in the first. I'll just get that one on tv.

Hard telling, Jackson seems like a nut job over the past 6 months, I'm seriously waiting for him to cry during a match. The guy just seems unstable.

Yeah, I know. I hate myself for liking him. I keep waiting for him to surrender when the ref says fight. :isurrender:

That made me laugh out loud in the middle of my US Political Parties and Elections class. I suppose he could do that, or walk to the center of the ring and give ole BJ Penn one of these. :notworthy:

Hard telling, Jackson seems like a nut job over the past 6 months, I'm seriously waiting for him to cry during a match. The guy just seems unstable.

He's fine. Outside of that one crazy episode he had in is big truck he has been ok. I think training at the wolfslair will keep his head on straight. Plus he's got a lot of confidence right now after knocking out a guy who brutally beat him twice before.

He had his break down a few months ago, but he absolutely destroyed Wanderlie Silva. I'd say he'll do the same to Jardine.

You didn't pick a good one to watch. It's not for everybody. It is a sport that requires a little knowledge about it for one to really enjoy all aspects of it IMO. Most people think they are just "rolling around" when they get on the ground and that couldn't be further from the truth. If you don't like it, you don't like it. But there are more exciting PPV's than the one you watched.

BJ Penn vs George St. Pierre should be a very very exciting fight. BJ Penn is by far the best lightweight in the world IMO (besides maybe Shin Ya Aoki) and Georges St. Pierre is by far the best welterweight in the world. Two of the best fighters in the world fighting each other should make for a great fight.

I'd like to watch Machida and Silva. I really like Thiago Silva. Machida is a difficult opponent though...I'm hoping he can pull out the win.

I don't really care who wins the main event, but it's a good matchup as far as hype goes. Personally, I think GSP will be too much for BJ, but I could be wrong.

Is the main event a title fight or a 3-rounder?

It is for the welterweight championship. 5 rounds.

Some are good...some are not. You never really know.

One thing that would help UFC, IMO, is if they could get a champion who could roll off a multi-year unbeaten streak. Especially at 205, which is the most prestigious weight class. With the title changing hands so frequently, its hard for casual observers to get sucked in. Ideally, Chuck Liddell would have dispatched Rampage via KO and continued onward because he was just beginning to get his name into the mainstream and now he's in a tailspin. Tough break for the brand.

Anderson Silva could be the one to do that. He is darn near unbeatable right now IMO...

As for BJ/GSP, tough one to call. If GSP can get the fight to the ground and use his wrestling and ground and pound to control the action then I think he will have a great shot to win the fight. I think BJ would like to keep it standing. I think this fight goes into the later rounds so it will be interesting to see if cardio effects either fighter mainly BJ.

As for BJ/GSP, tough one to call. If GSP can get the fight to the ground and use his wrestling and ground and pound to control the action then I think he will have a great shot to win the fight. I think BJ would like to keep it standing. I think this fight goes into the later rounds so it will be interesting to see if cardio effects either fighter mainly BJ.

I think BJ could hang with GSP on the ground do to his submission moves. It will definitely be a very good fight.