2 Texas border agents pardoned by Bush

Xtiger69

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better late than never. There is no excuse for Bush to have waited so long to have taken this action. None.

Why should they have been pardoned? What do you consider acceptable force and unacceptable?

What do you think the jury heard that got these 2 convicted that you would disagree with?

Why should they have been pardoned? What do you consider acceptable force and unacceptable?

What do you think the jury heard that got these 2 convicted that you would disagree with?

What the jury did not hear was that the prosecution's star witness was a large scale drug smuggler who was subsequently caught smuggling drugs again. This case should never have been brought and after it was brought, the background and legal status of the smuggler should have been divulged. That was not done, so the character of the illegal alien/drug smuggler was never known by the jury.

If everything that the prosecution alleged, as recounted by their criminal witness was true, then Bush still should have commuted the sentences long ago.

What the jury did not hear was that the prosecution's star witness was a large scale drug smuggler who was subsequently caught smuggling drugs again. This case should never have been brought and after it was brought, the background and legal status of the smuggler should have been divulged. That was not done, so the character of the illegal alien/drug smuggler was never known by the jury.

If everything that the prosecution alleged, as recounted by their criminal witness was true, then Bush still should have commuted the sentences long ago.

Any backup to the claim that the jury did not hear he was a drug smuggler?

Are we supposed to ignore the testimony of the border agents who testified against these two? Ignore the fact that these two changed their story several times? Hid casings?

Any backup to the claim that the jury did not hear he was a drug smuggler?

Are we supposed to ignore the testimony of the border agents who testified against these two? Ignore the fact that these two changed their story several times? Hid casings?

The story has been in the news for many months. If you are not familiar with the facts of the case, then I suggest that you do some research of your own. Testimony was withheld that would have cast doubt on the credibility of the government's primary witness.

These two agents should never have been put on trial because the only eyewitness in the case was a convicted Mexican drug smuggler.

The story has been in the news for many months. If you are not familiar with the facts of the case, then I suggest that you do some research of your own. Testimony was withheld that would have cast doubt on the credibility of the government's primary witness.

These two agents should never have been put on trial because the only eyewitness in the case was a convicted Mexican drug smuggler.

Interesting that you suggest that it is I who should do some research.

I'd argue that these 2 agents got what they deserved for lying and they were they ones whose action prevented a likely conviction against this scumbag (who has since been indicted).

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releases/Compean-Ramos/07-17-07%20Sutton%20Testimony%20FINAL.pdf

The next link shows you the allegations that Lou Dobbs et al have made and apparently many have believed without doing any fact checking.

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releases/Compean-Ramos/Setting%20the%20Record%20Straight%204-25%202007.pdf

Interesting that you suggest that it is I who should do some research.

I'd argue that these 2 agents got what they deserved for lying and they were they ones whose action prevented a likely conviction against this scumbag (who has since been indicted).

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releases/Compean-Ramos/07-17-07%20Sutton%20Testimony%20FINAL.pdf

Ouch! The prosecutor in this case disagrees with my assessment. Again, I am shocked.

I would argue that the illegal alien from across the Rio Grande who has been responsible for smuggling millions of dollars worth of drugs into this country got what he deserved. It is too bad that he survived to testify. Thanks to him, the next person shot by a border guard may not be so lucky.

Are you surprised that the prosecutor has taken the prosecution's side in this case? :rolleyes:

Ouch! The prosecutor in this case disagrees with my assessment. Again, I am shocked.

I would argue that the illegal alien from across the Rio Grande who has been responsible for smuggling millions of dollars worth of drugs into this country got what he deserved. It is too bad that he survived to testify. Thanks to him, the next person shot by a border guard may not be so lucky.

I won't argue that the guy guy justice in some form or fashion. However, these 2 guys were convicted on their own actions.

Why ignore the facts in this case? The guys screwed up the chance to convict him of smuggling by their own ineptitude and illegal actions. They tried to cover it up. They lied. They didn't even report it.

President Bush is weak in this case. We can't authorize vigilante justice. We're better than that.

I won't argue that the guy guy justice in some form or fashion. However, these 2 guys were convicted on their own actions.

Why ignore the facts in this case? The guys screwed up the chance to convict him of smuggling by their own ineptitude and illegal actions. They tried to cover it up. They lied. They didn't even report it.

President Bush is weak in this case. We can't authorize vigilante justice. We're better than that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the two agents were not charged or convicted of perjury. The fact that the prosecutor decided to engage in character assassination after sending these men to prison is not surprising. His decision to prosecute this case was not a popular one.