Are the Cowboys Really "America's Team"?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "after Thanksgiving day record" baffles me. Does playing on turkey day throw everything off kilter to that extent?eating-36.gif

Surely there have to be other explanations.

Cold weather, pressure games, and at least a couple of years, sitting starters because a spot had been clinched.

The Cowboys last won a playoff game December 28th, 1996. Since that time:

-25 teams have won a playoff game. They are:

--Arizona Cardinals

--Atlanta Falcons

--Baltimore Ravens

--Carolina Panthers

--Chicago Bears

--Denver Broncos

--Green Bay Packers

--Indianapolis Colts

--Jacksonville Jaguars

--Miami Dolphins

--Minnesota Vikings

--New England Patriots

--New Orleans Saints

--New York Giants

--New York Jets

--Oakland Raiders

--Philadelphia Eagles

--Pittsburgh Steelers

--San Diego Chargers

--San Francisco 49ers

--Seattle Seahawks

--St. Louis Rams

--Tampa Bay Buccaneers

--Tennessee Titans

--Washington Redskins

-6 other teams made the playoffs including the Cowboys. The Texans are the only team not to make the playoffs during that time.

--Cincinnati Bengals

--Cleveland Browns

--Dallas Cowboys

--Detroit Lions

--Kansas City Chiefs

---The Cowboys are 0-6 since that win. The Chiefs are the next worst at 0-3.

-Two teams (New England Patriots & Denver Broncos) have won multiple Super Bowls, let alone one playoff game.

-16 teams have made the Super Bowl.

-The New Orleans Saints, a team that had not won a playoff game in their history until 2000, won two playoff games

-The New England Patriots have won 16 playoff games

-Every team in the NFC East (both old and new) have won a playoff game. Two made the Super Bowl.

-15 teams have won a game with less playoff appearances

Sorry you have to constantly talk about a team you supposedly dislike. Perhaps you're really a closet fan. :sssh:

I think you may be the biggest closet fan of all, your obsession with the Cowboys is becoming world renown. :lol: Again, thanks for keeping them America's team. :thumb: :lol:

Keeping them America's team? Most of the country is glad they didn't make the playoffs. :lol: Heck, they didn't even overwhelmingly "win" in Texas.

I can agree with the team part. The Giants dropped 3 of their last 4 didn't they? I'm glad you are so confident they are going to the Super Bowl to contend. I still laugh at you :) 3 Super Bowls is 22 years is pretty good.... not as good as the span Dallas won 3 in but pretty good. Dallas to be " a mess" beat the Giants straight up a couple of weeks ago so no matter how bad you want to paint the picture they aren't that far away from either being one of the elite. It's a chemistry thing IMO and I agree on the team part. The Giants have that down (now that Plax+Shockey are gone) and Dallas has changes too make.

The Giants also beat Carolina, the #2 seed, and probably would have beat Minnesota had they played their starters in the 2nd half. I'm not so sure you can really take much out of their week 17 loss.

Sorry you have to constantly talk about a team you supposedly dislike. Perhaps you're really a closet fan. :sssh:

I think you may be the biggest closet fan of all, your obsession with the Cowboys is becoming world renown. :lol: Again, thanks for keeping them America's team. :thumb: :lol:

Oh, and about the "closet fan" claim.

Not everyone is a Cowboys fan, as much as you may think they are. I just like to pick at Cowboy fans on here, and apparently it works, because you all fight full force every single time :lol:. It's really funny.

Oh, and about the "closet fan" claim.

Not everyone is a Cowboys fan, as much as you may think they are. I just like to pick at Cowboy fans on here, and apparently it works, because you all fight full force every single time :lol:. It's really funny.

It's kind of hard not to say anything when you see someone making absurd posts about the team you root for, kind of like you and your precious Giants...

It's kind of hard not to say anything when you see someone making absurd posts about the team you root for, kind of like you and your precious Giants...

My "precious" Giants?

What has been said that is absurd?

Was it: The Cowboys aren't any good?

Was it: The Cowboys haven't made the playoffs in over a decade?

Was it: Tony Romo can't win big games/Dallas can't win big games?

Was it: The Roy Williams to Dallas trade was a very stupid trade for Dallas?

All of those seem true to me.