I just had to. . .

CCH24

Play against/guard a GIRL in basketball:scared:

I arrived late to meet my friends to play basketball in the Johnson Center at UK. I get there and I somehow get matched up on a guy who has easily 200 lbs on me. It was not very difficult to go by him, but real tough to box this man out.

We handily won that game, and on comes the next team to the court to play. I go out to take a quick drink, come back in, only to find that a girl has matched up with me.

I had no idea how I was supposed to guard her, or if I was even allowed to body her up on offense. Needless to say she didn't score, and we won, but it was a very uncomfortable situation the whole game.:creepy::creepy:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes guarding the girl isn't so bad because;

1. Girls that play basketball are often pretty hott

2. You can play good "defense" on them because they allow it. ;)

I wanted no part of this girl. She wasnt boyish enough to push around, but wasnt girly enough to "defend.":lol:

I'm not sure why this would be a big deal. I've done jiu jitsu and kick boxing with females before...they can be just as tough as some men. :lol:

I know exactly where CCH24 is coming from.

If you play the way that you normally do, you're "that guy" who is out there showing up the girl.

I can gaurantee you that the girl is out there playing hard. And if you don't, you'll take some ribbing from the others for letting her score, or whatever. All in good fun, but a very awkward situation for the guy.

It must say something about your game CCH that the other team put the girl on you. :D

And I'm talking about your basketball game...

Some of my greatest blocked shots come against girls. I trapped a ball against the backboard on a fast break when a girl was trying to shoot a layup and I've thrown a few balls back past half court when a girl posted up on me and tried to score in the lane.

Am I proud of those moments ? Yes sir I am. I'll take it however I can get it guys.:lol:

I also feel like I made my little sister a better ball player. We played ball in the back yard all the time. I refused to let her get off a shot. She'd get mad and quit. I told her that if she could get a shot off on me, there wasn't a center in the state she'd have a problem with. She finally developed some nice head fakes and up and under moves.