Favorite Gym in your Region

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not good for regional tournaments, I love the old gyms.

I agree with you, ColonelMike... In the 9th Region, my favorite gym is Holy Cross. It is old school. The seating is tight but what a great place to watch a game. I am a Cov. Cath. alum and fan but there is nothing like traveling to Latonia to play the Indians.

I agree with you, ColonelMike... In the 9th Region, my favorite gym is Holy Cross. It is old school. The seating is tight but what a great place to watch a game. I am a Cov. Cath. alum and fan but there is nothing like traveling to Latonia to play the Indians.

I don't like HC's gym at all. In the 9th I'd say Holmes is nice, and CovCath for the atmosphere. Could do without the tiny box claustrophobic feel from time to time though.

The 12th Region is pretty sterile, but there are some cool places.

-I really liked Somerset, but haven't been since they remodeled a couple years ago.

-Monticello is really old and interesting, but not great to play in

-Pulaski County is the biggest and very nice. Probably nicer than many college gyms

-Garrard, Boyle, Lincoln, Rockcastle, Southwestern, McCreary, Wayne all seem about the same. Pretty big, but not much character!

Just curious, what don't you like about the remodeled Somerset gym? I like how they opened the rafters back up instead of using the drop ceilings and they didn't change any of the seating configuration in the bleachers. I don't really miss the stage because the seats really had bad sightlines. The chairback seats have a much better view.

Just curious, what don't you like about the remodeled Somerset gym? I like how they opened the rafters back up instead of using the drop ceilings and they didn't change any of the seating configuration in the bleachers. I don't really miss the stage because the seats really had bad sightlines. The chairback seats have a much better view.

He didn't say he didn't like it; just that he hadn't been there since the remodel.

It's pretty cool, I have to admit, after seeing it before and after.

I've been to most in the 11th and Scott County has the best I've seen.

Mercer, has a new gym that should open in Jan09. I have not been to Scott Co.'s gym but the principal of Mercer told me that the new gym is closely modeled after Scott's. Seating capacity of over 5,000, 3 full courts, walk around upper deck with seating and a video replay screen. HUGE compared to Mercer's old gym.

That was a typo! I meant to say that I haven't been to Somerset since they remodeled.