Obama's faith in his own words

Why do so many question his Christianity? His Faith? I am no judge of either. However, it is not hard to tell who "true" Christians are, people who have trusted in the Lord to save their souls. Do we see that in Obama? If you are running for president, the most powerful position in the world, or dogcatcher for that matter, one should always be very CLEAR on how you stand instead of giving a polical answer about your Faith. You either trust in Jesus, the Son of God, or you don't. The Bible also says that it is easy enough for a child to understand. I promise you, politics will not matter on judgement day, only what is in your heart!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus tells the Disciples...."When you have seen me, you have seen the Father". How powerful is that? Does Jesus lie about this? This is what cause Jesus to be tried and hung on the cross. There are 34 verses in the OT that tells about this.

I doubt a true Bible believeing believer would not believe this.

2004-2008 he has the right to change his think so's.

As the President of a country that not only values, but guarantees the right of individuals to practice their own religious beliefs, what should he have said?

As a human, imperfect Christian, couldn't he also just be in the same place as millions of other Christians out there, who are in a state of progression through their faith?

Slow down. You are spinning so hard we are all getting dizzy.

FALSANI:

The conversation stopper, when you say you're a Christian and leave it at that.

OBAMA:

Where do you move forward with that?

This is something that I'm sure I'd have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There's the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven't embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they're going to hell.

FALSANI:

You don't believe that?

OBAMA:

I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell.

FALSANI:

Do you believe in heaven?

OBAMA:

Do I believe in the harps and clouds and wings?

FALSANI:

A place spiritually you go to after you die?

OBAMA:

What I believe in is that if I live my life as well as I can, that I will be rewarded. I don't presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing.

LBBC I am with you. There are a lot of things in his outlook on christianity that I disagree with. And yes I would rather have a president that is guide by God in everything he does. I do not think this is the case.

Nope but it does tell me alot about his views and his willingness to say what is necessary to win an election.

What does it tell you about his ability to to a leader of the U.S.? That's what we elected, right? I didn't elect a Pope. I've got one of those guys already. I elected a guy to lead the ENTIRE country even those who either don't believe at all or what appears to be bothering many of you guys a guy who doesn't use the RIGHT words or doesn't believe exactly as you do .

Extremists who get their feathers ruffled easily and shout the loudest are one reason why McCain lost.

FALSANI:

The conversation stopper, when you say you're a Christian and leave it at that.

OBAMA:

Where do you move forward with that?

This is something that I'm sure I'd have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There's the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven't embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they're going to hell.

FALSANI:

You don't believe that?

OBAMA:

I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell.

FALSANI:

Do you believe in heaven?

OBAMA:

Do I believe in the harps and clouds and wings?

FALSANI:

A place spiritually you go to after you die?

OBAMA:

What I believe in is that if I live my life as well as I can, that I will be rewarded. I don't presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing.

I don't believe the above answers will meaningfully affect his ability to be President, but I do disagree with most of his responses here. The "if I live a 'good' life I'll go to heaven" mantra is certainly not a scripturally-based one, but one many people mistakenly subscribe to.

What does it tell you about his ability to to a leader of the U.S.? That's what we elected, right? I didn't elect a Pope. I've got one of those guys already. I elected a guy to lead the ENTIRE country even those who either don't believe at all or what appears to be bothering many of you guys a guy who doesn't use the RIGHT words or doesn't believe exactly as you do .

Extremists who get their feathers ruffled easily and shout the loudest are one reason why McCain lost.

By extremist do you mean someone who believes the entire Bible?

To answer your first question it doesn't tell me anything about his ability to lead and that isn't the point of this thread. Let me ask you what has he ever done that tell's you about his ability to lead?

The bottom line is that Obama claims to be a Christian but doesn't believe what the Christian faith is all about. He says that Jesus is a great teacher but doesn't believe what Jesus taught or at least not all of it.

Face it Obama is a politician to the core. He will say whatever is necessary to get elected. I hope he is the best president ever but you guys that buy into everything he is saying are foolish.

Unless his veiws have changed since this interview then he is not a Christian. No gray area.

Interesting stuff in this thread. If we were electing a president of a theocracy, or a Pope, I could see how it would be an overriding concern. But, as we are NOT a theocracy, I fail to see how the place where Obama is on his path to eternal salvation diminishes his abilities as a President. Theoretically, any individual of any faith who meets the constitutional requirements to hold the office of President is able to do so. The constitution guarantees the freedom of United States Citizens to practice the faith of their choosing. Because Obama's Chirstianity does not meet one's personal standards, does that make him "less" Christian? I find it convenient when people choose to apply the measures of their own place in their "faith journey" to others to judge their capabilities or "worth". Again, theoretically, the man's personal faith should have no more bearing on his abilities than his race or sex. But, apparently, this man is to be judged more harshly than other candidates.

Interesting as well, is that there are those who have some moral radar most of us do not profess to posess. They can "see" what a Christ-like soul looks like. Nevermind that many people who are "Christ-like" outwardly hold deep dark secrets that are decidedly un-Christ-like. Priests who molest children. Preachers who embezzle money. Ministers who divert funds from ministry-oriented accounts to further their personal situation.