Obama's faith in his own words

By extremist do you mean someone who believes the entire Bible?

No. By "extremists" I mean people who look at words one uses rather than how they live their daily life to determine if someone passes the "Christian" test.

The bottom line is that Obama claims to be a Christian but doesn't believe what the Christian faith is all about. He says that Jesus is a great teacher but doesn't believe what Jesus taught or at least not all of it.

Face it Obama is a politician to the core. He will say whatever is necessary to get elected. I hope he is the best president ever but you guys that buy into everything he is saying are foolish.

Unless his veiws have changed since this interview then he is not a Christian. No gray area.

Can you disagree with some of the teachings and still be Christian?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. So is Obama "Christ-like?"

I never said or insinuated that. Personally, I think he is far from it. As I said in my 1st post, I think he should be very clear about his faith! I think he dances around the truth and says things to be appealing and has said things to capture as many votes as possible. Most politicians do. My point is, our leader's faith should not be in question. He should come clean about his beliefs. I feel that is an unfortunate direction our country is heading, to water down your faith and place God where he cannot be seen. Such as the Ten Commandments not allowed in public places and schools. Our country was founded by God-fearing, God-loving, and God-respecting men and we should stand tall and proud as they did NOW!

You are taking great liberties in what he said. :lol: There are many paths to Christianity and knowing God.

There is only one path to Christianity it is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. He, and he alone is worthy of our praise and worship. That is the difference between Christianity and a number of other "religions." If you do not believe that Jesus became your sin, and died for you, on the cross, then you are not Christian. You may have a religion---but it is not Christian. BIG difference.

Interesting stuff in this thread. If we were electing a president of a theocracy, or a Pope, I could see how it would be an overriding concern. But, as we are NOT a theocracy, I fail to see how the place where Obama is on his path to eternal salvation diminishes his abilities as a President. Theoretically, any individual of any faith who meets the constitutional requirements to hold the office of President is able to do so. The constitution guarantees the freedom of United States Citizens to practice the faith of their choosing. Because Obama's Chirstianity does not meet one's personal standards, does that make him "less" Christian? I find it convenient when people choose to apply the measures of their own place in their "faith journey" to others to judge their capabilities or "worth". Again, theoretically, the man's personal faith should have no more bearing on his abilities than his race or sex. But, apparently, this man is to be judged more harshly than other candidates.

Interesting as well, is that there are those who have some moral radar most of us do not profess to posess. They can "see" what a Christ-like soul looks like. Nevermind that many people who are "Christ-like" outwardly hold deep dark secrets that are decidedly un-Christ-like. Priests who molest children. Preachers who embezzle money. Ministers who divert funds from ministry-oriented accounts to further their personal situation.

Once again it has nothing to do with his ability to govern. I do love the "everyone elso does it" defense.

Just admit it that Obama is far from the Christian he claims to be.

Can you disagree with some of the teachings and still be Christian?

No, you can't disagree with the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a Christian. If you think that there are many paths to heaven then you are not a Christian, if you think your works will get you to heaven then your not a Christian, and if you think that Jesus is just a bridge and not THE bridge to the Father then you are not a Christian.

It is as simple as that.

Once again it has nothing to do with his ability to govern. I do love the "everyone elso does it" defense.

Just admit it that Obama is far from the Christian he claims to be.

I don't know how I could POSSIBLY say that he is far from the Christian he claims to be. I don't know his heart. It's no different than you looking at me and telling me that I'm not the Christian that I claim to be.

There is no "everyone else does it" defense. Even you have to admit that each individual Christian is on an individual path to Salvation, and that each of us are at a different place at any point in our journey. So, for example, if I am a little "lost" on my road, does that make me "less" of a Christian?

No, you can't disagree with the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a Christian. If you think that there are many paths to heaven then you are not a Christian, if you think your works will get you to heaven then your not a Christian, and if you think that Jesus is just a bridge and not THE bridge to the Father then you are not a Christian.

It is as simple as that.

Lets say one believes all of the above. However, your actions don't necessarily reflect your beliefs. Christian?

I don't know how I could POSSIBLY say that he is far from the Christian he claims to be. I don't know his heart. It's no different than you looking at me and telling me that I'm not the Christian that I claim to be.

There is no "everyone else does it" defense. Even you have to admit that each individual Christian is on an individual path to Salvation, and that each of us are at a different place at any point in our journey. So, for example, if I am a little "lost" on my road, does that make me "less" of a Christian?

His own statements tell you that he isn't a Christian. If you think that there are many ways to heaven the according to the Bible then you are lost. It's that simple. Hate to be so straight forward but that's how it is.

His own statements tell you that he isn't a Christian. If you think that there are many ways to heaven the according to the Bible then you are lost. It's that simple. Hate to be so straight forward but that's how it is.

Do you contend that Jewish people will no go to heaven? I am Catholic. My Bible differs from yours, as well as many of our beliefs. Am I not "Christian" by your definition?

It is as simple as that.

:thumb: