Who's the new Greenup County Football Coach

sidelinedoc

But as some of these posts show, there are still negative comments and inuendos towards anything done for the good of the program! Rob takes time to put this presentation together to educate the BOE and those present and all people can say is that he is brown nosing and sucking up. People should be wary of accusing Rob of such things, especially when are not true. Never know what he might do or where he might go. He does have connections at other schools and other areas of the state.

This post outlines the problems that have never gone away at GCHS. Easy to understand why most, including me, are more than skeptical that anything will change down there.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as some of these posts show, there are still negative comments and inuendos towards anything done for the good of the program! Rob takes time to put this presentation together to educate the BOE and those present and all people can say is that he is brown nosing and sucking up. People should be wary of accusing Rob of such things, especially when are not true.

Hey, I just glad Rob did the power point presentation instead of getting on here calling some GC parents cancer or telling a mom she never wore a jockstrap. Rob does have a point, we need to improve the GC football facilities. :D Regardless of who gave the presentation is it a valid point.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showpost.php?p=2504783&postcount=35

Edited by bluekyblue
Forgot the link

I have previously posted on the Greenup basketball thread about the fact that the school motto and the absence of it since the early '80's. But I do not think it is fair to jump on Mr. Rister. Coach Sammons was hired , what, 4 years ago and I don't think the need for a power point was necessary. However, the administration has chosen not to support the Coach and now the search is on for a new coach. I applaud Mr. Rister on presenting information to try and reverse the 'old way' of hiring a coach. The school needs to be proactive and aggressive towards finding a new coach and the new coach needs newer facilities and equipment, etc. So to question why the presentation was done now and not two years ago is not a worthy argument. The case is that no one has ever presented to or ask the BOE for the newer ways to think or had any input on how to go get a new coach. In my opinion, someone should be doing the search, i.e the AD, because they are sports related. What do any of the current board members know about coaching or who would make a good coach? NFL owners hire the new coach but they have advisors and a GM that tell them who will be a good fit for the program. So, maybe, just maybe this step taken by Mr. Rister will start the proverbial ball rolling in the right direction.

Let's not bash someone or call them names or assume alterior motives just because he took the time and cares enough about the school to put this together. I do agree with one thing, parents and school administrators and fans in general need to be more involved and trying to 'do their part' in order for the program to sustain a sucessful status. That brings up one last point, 1 winning season is not a turn around, it is 1 winning season. Sustain a positive turn around with multiple good years and add in some district crowns as well. The pieces are there, they just need someone to work the puzzle.

Great Post!:thumb:

. . . 4 years ago and I don't think the need for a power point was necessary. . . . So to question why the presentation was done now and not two years ago is not a worthy argument. . . . Let's not bash someone or call them names or assume alterior motives just because he took the time and cares enough about the school to put this together. . . .QUOTE]

I hate to disagree with you DOC but my arguement is very worthy. To begin with (referencing the quote above) you say 4 years ago the presentation was not necessary. Sorry it was. The facilities have been an embarassment for the past decade. So again why bring it up now? Quite simple, let my child benefit from it. As for the name calling or bashing, I fail to see where this has occurred. I did say self serving, which you refute with his taking time and caring about the school. I will at this point, again, say the gesture was self serving and prove this by a quote from one of the many positive PMs I received about my post. One parent stated; "I'm one of the parents that has asked over and over for help from Mr. Rister but to no avail."

Perhaps more parents should take a look at what you apparently do for Raceland. I assume you do not have any sons playing football but you seem to do quite abit for their program. I applaud you for this, as your actions show that you truly take time and care about a program.

Hey, I just glad Rob did the power point presentation instead of getting on here calling some GC parents cancer or telling a mom she never wore a jockstrap. Rob does have a point, we need to improve the GC football facilities. :D

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showpost.php?p=2504783&postcount=35

If you take a look at this power point Rob did the stats don't lie about our program at GCHS. We need to hire someone that will come in and lay the law down and have full support of the administration and the community. It would ideally be someone from outside of the program that has been part of a winning tradition and a strong disciplinarian, a Jake Bell type of a coach in that aspect.

. . . 4 years ago and I don't think the need for a power point was necessary. . . . So to question why the presentation was done now and not two years ago is not a worthy argument. . . . Let's not bash someone or call them names or assume alterior motives just because he took the time and cares enough about the school to put this together. . . .QUOTE]

I hate to disagree with you DOC but my arguement is very worthy. To begin with (referencing the quote above) you say 4 years ago the presentation was not necessary. Sorry it was. The facilities have been an embarassment for the past decade. So again why bring it up now? Quite simple, let my child benefit from it. As for the name calling or bashing, I fail to see where this has occurred. I did say self serving, which you refute with his taking time and caring about the school. I will at this point, again, say the gesture was self serving and prove this by a quote from one of the many positive PMs I received about my post. One parent stated; "I'm one of the parents that has asked over and over for help from Mr. Rister but to no avail."

Perhaps more parents should take a look at what you apparently do for Raceland. I assume you do not have any sons playing football but you seem to do quite abit for their program. I applaud you for this, as your actions show that you truly take time and care about a program.

I agree the facilities have needed to be refurbished and/or replaced for sometime. I also agree that this should have been addressed a long time ago. My reference to it not being necessary 4 years ago was intended towards to meat of Rob's presentation to the board which was how to focus on how to get the right coach and how important getting that coach some quality assistants. He did address the current status of the facilities, but not as the focal point of his talk. I respectfully disagree with you when discussing Rob's motives. I am not defending him out of loyalty or friendship, I am defending him based on facts. I know that he truly wants what is best for the school and he took the initiative to do it. Mason will earn playing time based on what he does on the field, Rob won't have to "buy it" for him.

Thank you for your acknowledgement of what I am doing at Raceland. My wife and I are proud to help feed the boys on Mondays (pizza) while watching film and going over their weekly gameplan and feeding the coaches and seniors on Thursday nights. I hope this continues for a long time. I have a daughter who is a Freshman and on the volleyball team at Raceland and my step-son is a 1st grader playing JFL football (I coach him) and plays baseball for a travel team in Raceland (coached by Greg Preston) will one day play at Raceland High School. I love the support from the community and the administration and the parents, so I know it can be done at Greenup if they allow it. You can't force it, you have to want it.

With regards to what has been said about the presentation hats off and great job but lets go a little bit further and not only talk about what could or should be done but let's do it. In fact where are these people when it comes to work days on the field like painting, mowing grass, feeding the boys or where are they when the touch down club has a meeting?:confused: It works both ways step up and be there for the boys in all things not just a BOE meeting.It is so easy to sit back and judge but a whole lot harder to actually put words to action.:rolleyes:

I have been around the program for quite some time. What most do not know is that nine years ago when Brad Queen was playing for GCHS and Maynard was the coach the boosters went to the school board each year with pictures and a list of needed repairs. Nothing was ever done. Four years ago the boosters took a list and pictures to the super and maintenance dept only to be told these problems were not there. I really hope things are fix. I know it was really hard for the 10 parents that worked this year and the one with no child involved. I saw them at the field very late on the nights before the home games and if I am not mistaken it was all senior parents working. I only hope for the best at GCHS.