Who's the new Greenup County Football Coach

sidelinedoc

With regards to what has been said about the presentation hats off and great job but lets go a little bit further and not only talk about what could or should be done but let's do it. In fact where are these people when it comes to work days on the field like painting, mowing grass, feeding the boys or where are they when the touch down club has a meeting?:confused: It works both ways step up and be there for the boys in all things not just a BOE meeting.It is so easy to sit back and judge but a whole lot harder to actually put words to action.:rolleyes:
They're on here posting their displeasures, obviously.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been around the program for quite some time. What most do not know is that nine years ago when Brad Queen was playing for GCHS and Maynard was the coach the boosters went to the school board each year with pictures and a list of needed repairs. Nothing was ever done. Four years ago the boosters took a list and pictures to the super and maintenance dept only to be told these problems were not there. I really hope things are fix. I know it was really hard for the 10 parents that worked this year and the one with no child involved. I saw them at the field very late on the nights before the home games and if I am not mistaken it was all senior parents working. I only hope for the best at GCHS.

Good point and very good information.

They're on here posting their displeasures, obviously.

Not a fair assesment. I am not at GC but I know where the problems are. As Spindoc posted, this is a soap opera, as always. Why is it when a problem is addressed there is always a negative comment? As hard as it is for some to believe, a person may actually have some good information and ideas. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason you can't get some people to help......the crap they have to endure. Such as, "we'll he is just doing it so his son can play", etc. There was a very good point earlier about helping even when you don't have someone playing. All the help is appreciated, no matter what it is. If you are good at raising money, have a fund raiser. If you are good at public speaking, go speak on behalf of the school or program. If you are a good cook, feed the team. Whatever can be done, do it. It will pay off.

Not a fair assesment. I am not at GC but I know where the problems are. As Spindoc posted, this is a soap opera, as always. Why is it when a problem is addressed there is always a negative comment? As hard as it is for some to believe, a person may actually have some good information and ideas. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason you can't get some people to help......the crap they have to endure. Such as, "we'll he is just doing it so his son can play", etc. There was a very good point earlier about helping even when you don't have someone playing. All the help is appreciated, no matter what it is. If you are good at raising money, have a fund raiser. If you are good at public speaking, go speak on behalf of the school or program. If you are a good cook, feed the team. Whatever can be done, do it. It will pay off.

You are right if you can do it then do it .But where are they? I have been to the work days and the meetings and have yet to see any of them. I'm sorry but having to endure crap is just an excuse for not wanting to do anything more than talk it up.WE NEED ACTION,people who will back up their ideas. For an example of what I'm talking about our sign board was blown over by a very strong wind and needed to be rebuilt so the boys would have a place to run through,the senior parents were tired and did not want to take on such a big project(I don't blame them with all the work they have done)but needless to say the school did not build it and will not so that leaves the touchdown parents. Now I can take a piece of paper with a plan on it but until I put on a toolbelt and start building what good is it going to do?All I'm saying is lets work together and be there for everything not just ideas.

You are right if you can do it then do it .But where are they? I have been to the work days and the meetings and have yet to see any of them. I'm sorry but having to endure crap is just an excuse for not wanting to do anything more than talk it up.WE NEED ACTION,people who will back up their ideas. For an example of what I'm talking about our sign board was blown over by a very strong wind and needed to be rebuilt so the boys would have a place to run through,the senior parents were tired and did not want to take on such a big project(I don't blame them with all the work they have done)but needless to say the school did not build it and will not so that leaves the touchdown parents. Now I can take a piece of paper with a plan on it but until I put on a toolbelt and start building what good is it going to do?All I'm saying is lets work together and be there for everything not just ideas.

We are saying the same thing. The only difference is that I am telling you and anyone that will listen, continue to speak negatively about someone or what they are trying to do and they WILL quit. I am not directing this at you, I know you are there for all the boys and not just your son. I am pointing out that there are too many gossipers and not enough workers. There are too many talkers and not enough doing anything.

There it is, perfect point.:dancingpa

Perhaps they're all at home watching Days of our Lives. It doesn't end until 2:00 you know.

Look, here's my take on this saga. Folks, for the most part, in that area are in only a few categories.

1. Those who will get off their fannies to help, albeit, so their kids who are participating can enjoy their time there. (nothing at all wrong with that)

2. Those that will point fingers at those in #1 claiming they're only in it for their kids, when in fact all the kids benefit.

3. Those that think things in GC won't ever change and nothing they do will be a benefit, so they chose to sit at home.

3(a) Those in the category above who do so quietly

3(b) Those in the category above who do so while griping and blaming everyone else.

4. Those who believe in a state of continual paranoia that someone is trying to get something over on the school, or that someone is pulling the strings from Jordan Ice, Applegates, SS Annalou, or the Brickyard.(get my drift)

Just my two cents, I may be absolutely wrong, which would lead to category 5. Those who are clueless.:lol:

I have read all the post on this thread. Seems to be a lot of neg. comments on here. I have heard people talking about parents being hard on the coaches. Now I am just speaking but if I were the coach of that program I would have a meeting at the beginning of the year. Every parent of every child on the football team would know that that child will be looked after, cared for, and brought up as if he were my own. But they would also know that I would not listen to any negativity or comments, period. I would deal with those folks that try to be to foward and pushy with a very stern and foward state of mind! The morral seems to be low there. The solution to that is get someone that will not put with anything but hard work and teach sound fundamentals to these players, that would solve that problem. Loosing is like a disease, everything and everyone attacks something when its weak but with wins and positive attitue u can change a lot of those things that's hendering the program. Gonna take someone with a dictator state of mind that isnt easily influenced to take on this challenge.

I have read all the post on this thread. Seems to be a lot of neg. comments on here. I have heard people talking about parents being hard on the coaches. Now I am just speaking but if I were the coach of that program I would have a meeting at the beginning of the year. Every parent of every child on the football team would know that that child will be looked after, cared for, and brought up as if he were my own. But they would also know that I would not listen to any negativity or comments, period. I would deal with those folks that try to be to foward and pushy with a very stern and foward state of mind! The morral seems to be low there. The solution to that is get someone that will not put with anything but hard work and teach sound fundamentals to these players, that would solve that problem. Loosing is like a disease, everything and everyone attacks something when its weak but with wins and positive attitue u can change a lot of those things that's hendering the program. Gonna take someone with a dictator state of mind that isnt easily influenced to take on this challenge.
Here!Here!:thumb: I heard HS baseball coach gives that very same sounding speech each season. "Feel free to question any coach about your son playing time or position then your son will be asked to turn in his jersey and come back next year to try out for team." That stop alot fooliness, quickly. LOL Edited by bluekyblue
More thoughts

I agree the facilities have needed to be refurbished and/or replaced for sometime. I also agree that this should have been addressed a long time ago. My reference to it not being necessary 4 years ago was intended towards to meat of Rob's presentation to the board which was how to focus on how to get the right coach and how important getting that coach some quality assistants. He did address the current status of the facilities, but not as the focal point of his talk. I respectfully disagree with you when discussing Rob's motives. I am not defending him out of loyalty or friendship, I am defending him based on facts. I know that he truly wants what is best for the school and he took the initiative to do it. Mason will earn playing time based on what he does on the field, Rob won't have to "buy it" for him.

Thank you for your acknowledgement of what I am doing at Raceland. My wife and I are proud to help feed the boys on Mondays (pizza) while watching film and going over their weekly gameplan and feeding the coaches and seniors on Thursday nights. I hope this continues for a long time. I have a daughter who is a Freshman and on the volleyball team at Raceland and my step-son is a 1st grader playing JFL football (I coach him) and plays baseball for a travel team in Raceland (coached by Greg Preston) will one day play at Raceland High School. I love the support from the community and the administration and the parents, so I know it can be done at Greenup if they allow it. You can't force it, you have to want it.

You failed to address the part about Mr. Rister failing too help out (via my PM and several other posts). So you are in fact defending him while at the same time condemning him for not taking action. Remember, it was just the other day that he took action after sitting on the sideline (so to speak) for 2 years.