Who's the new Greenup County Football Coach

sidelinedoc

Greenup County needs to do a legitimate search for a football coach, not someone from the Good ol' boy network of the lower end of the county. That is what is wrong with the school's program now and it will not change unless they bring someone in that knows football and they give complete control of the football program to that coach.
Wurtland?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup County needs to do a legitimate search for a football coach, not someone from the Good ol' boy network of the lower end of the county. That is what is wrong with the school's program now and it will not change unless they bring someone in that knows football and they give complete control of the football program to that coach.

Spindoc, I think he means South Shore, aka McKell County.:D

Just got his geography wrong.

I'll bow out of this conversation, but before I do I'll leave with this. I have many friends up and down Greenup Co. and several of them inside the high school. Some who are there currently, some who have recently moved on, and some who were there many years ago. I hope that Coupon and others are right, for the kids sake, that there is a changing of the guard that is impervious to the outside influeces that has been a major achilles heel of that school since I was in grade school. However, we all have heard this song before. This time, I hope that the tune lasts awhile.:thumb:

I am going to make a bold prediction. Coach Dowdy, Coach Tackett or any other local coach will not take this job. I think the athletic department and administration will have to go outside the area and bring in a coach and give him the assurance of at least 6 years and the assistant coaches and support in order to turn things around. They also have to correct the way the schedule is laid out. I have no problem with them playing tough teams, but let's face it, they are beat up mentally and physically before they enter the district games.

I am going to make a bold prediction. Coach Dowdy, Coach Tackett or any other local coach will not take this job. I think the athletic department and administration will have to go outside the area and bring in a coach and give him the assurance of at least 6 years and the assistant coaches and support in order to turn things around. They also have to correct the way the schedule is laid out. I have no problem with them playing tough teams, but let's face it, they are beat up mentally and physically before they enter the district games.

I agree, go outside, give them a 5 year contract with all the tools to succeed and total support of the program.

Doc, since you brought it up and it is a good thought, is there anyone out there that knows of a good solid coach/assistant coach from a strong winning program that is looking to relocate and take on a challenge? Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Doc, since you brought it up and it is a good thought, is there anyone out there that knows of a good solid coach/assistant coach from a strong winning program that is looking to relocate and take on a challenge? Any thoughts? Recommendations?

I honestly don't know. Maybe you could entice Roy Lucas away from Lloyd Memorial. I don't think he would, but since we are good friends, I'd like to see him come here.

That is the problem at Greenup county now the up there and down there thing the parents need to let the old Mckell and Wurtland thing go and grow up and support GREENUP COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

That is the problem at Greenup county now the up there and down there thing the parents need to let the old Mckell and Wurtland thing go and grow up and support GREENUP COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

You are exactly right! Bring someone in from outside the county that knows football and give them total support to turn it around, the statistics don't lie about the program.