Ethan Faulkner to sign with NKU

pg80

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Eef :thumb:

You and Evan have been a delight to watch and get to know over the years.

I have no doubt that you guys will continue to squeeze everything you can out of every day God blesses you to draw a breath, and will add a lot of lives of those around you.

I'm proud of you boys.

I wish you nothing but the best. :thumb:

I believe they'll be D1 before his time there is through.

I agree. Congrats Ethan.:dancingpa

To answer tese statements, I am going to say not a chance. NKU will not be going Division I before his time is up here.

You may ask why do I say that, I'll tell you that the NCAA has placed a moritorium on anyone moving to the Division I level due to some schools who have no business of being there...and I mean absolutely no business of being there. The moritorium ends in three seasons.

You may say that would be during his time but the kicker here is the fact that once a school decided to "go DI" you have to have an exploratory season then four years of transition.

BUT the previous paragraph is basically a mute point since the NCAA is more than likely going to cap the number of schools that are in DI and they are likely to contract some schools/conference to DII or lower meaning that some schools/conference that are currently DI could be DII or DIII when all is said and done.

So with all of this being said, I don't see how anyone can think that NKU will be going Division I anytime soon.

As far as Ethan Faulkner deciding to come to NKU, it would have been mice to get both Faulkners but one is better than none. He sounds like a really good player and young man. We (the NKU athletics department) can't write a release about him until we get his paperwork. I will post it as soon as it becomes available.