That Middle Class tax distinction keeps going down

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the past 8 years... I think the country knows fear. :lol:

I am as middle class as it gets. Any fears I have had in the past 8 years pales in comparison to the fear I have for the next 4 with Obama, Pelosi and Reid. I do think with in 3 mos. I will be classified as upper class though. Maybe I should be happy about that:rolleyes:

Even if some people get a new welfare check as a result of Obama's tax plan, they will need that money to pay the higher electricity bills that Obama has promised. Everybody who is unfortunate enough to live in a coal producing state with a Democratic governor will likely see state income tax increase as Obama's energy plan devastates the coal industry and erodes the tax base in those states.

I am as middle class as it gets. Any fears I have had in the past 8 years pales in comparison to the fear I have for the next 4 with Obama, Pelosi and Reid. I do think with in 3 mos. I will be classified as upper class though. Maybe I should be happy about that:rolleyes:
Most people who vote for McCain will become "rich" under an Obama presidency. I would rather have the cash rather than the self esteem that comes with upper class status myself. :lol:

Not to say I don't want the USA out of Iraq, I do but how many people that work in the defense related industries have you just put out of work by reducing that $10 billions dollars a month spending? Easy to say if you aren't losing your job! Where do those people you just put out of work go to work at next year?

I don't know, but it won't be digging graves for soldiers. There are some reasons for putting our soldiers lives at risk, but keeping defense workers jobs may be among the most disgusting.

That is why you reduce what the government does. With government doing less it is easier to manage. As long as there is need for government, of which what we debate on in this forum is how big or how small, there will be waste and fraud. There will always be some greedy people who take advantage of their positions.

The argument was that people who worked in government would lose their jobs. I'm potentially for smaller government. But I'm definitely for increasing efficiency so no matter what size government we have, it works, and works well. I sometimes feel we employ so many people that everyone's more worried about getting their years in they aren't necessarily the most efficient they could be. I KNOW the systems we have in place are not efficeint, and that different agencies often, although related, do not know what the other is doing.

Mark my words all, these tax cuts that Obama promises will go into effect in the same manner as Clinton's promised tax cuts during the 92 campaign seaon. In other words, they won't. You heard it here first.

Actually, I think he RAISED taxes.

And we have the word of Obama that will not happen, just like we had the word of Clinton.

And all of their supporters said in 91 that it was just the same old Republican tactics of throwing out fear that Clinton would raise taxes despite his claims he would not.

And surprisingly, Clinton turned out to be lying about that tax cut.

You already are and it infuriated my parents when I proved to them that under the Bush tax cuts, which the Democrats said were for the rich, me and you got tax cuts.

You already are and it infuriated my parents when I proved to them that under the Bush tax cuts, which the Democrats said were for the rich, me and you got tax cuts.

And got a LOT more debt in your name than the tax cuts you got. I'll be glad to give you $500 if you pay me $1,500. Actually, the Bush tax cuts were worse than that. You got your $500. and sent the bill for the $1,500 to your kids.

And got a LOT more debt in your name than the tax cuts you got. I'll be glad to give you $500 if you pay me $1,500. Actually, the Bush tax cuts were worse than that. You got your $500. and sent the bill for the $1,500 to your kids.

And Bush and the Republicans were wrong with their increased spending. Way wrong. I agree with you there.

And according to the guy who did my taxes, it was about $2900 more on the salary of two public school teachers.

And Bush and the Republicans were wrong with their increased spending. Way wrong. I agree with you there.

And according to the guy who did my taxes, it was about $2900 more on the salary of two public school teachers.

And the debt added is over $16,000 PER PERSON. It wasn' a good deal. My kids and grandkids will be paying for our folly long after I am out of the work force. The largest welfare payment in the history of the world is the one that has happened over the past eight years. We have taken money from future generations and given it to ourselves. My grandkids hope you enjoyed your $2,900.

I just reviewed the bankruptcy papers of a debtor who earned $20,613.00 last year. Due to the various and sundry credits (mainly, of course, earned income credit) available to those who pay no taxes, he received a federal refund of $9,713.00.

Wonder what he will receive under income redistribution?

I just reviewed the bankruptcy papers of a debtor who earned $20,613.00 last year. Due to the various and sundry credits (mainly, of course, earned income credit) available to those who pay no taxes, he received a federal refund of $9,713.00.

Wonder what he will receive under income redistribution?

Wow.