Corbin 48 Lex. Christian 34

Les

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game starred two great running backs. Corbin was very impressive running the ball tonight. I was impressed with Watkins' speed on the two long runs, but I was impressed with his power on the 40 yard run. He trucked three guys one after another on that run.

Hayden from LCA is a man! I thought he was the better running back tonight as far as talent goes. He has great vision and knows how to let things develop and burst through the hole. He had to make things happen on his own a lot, while Watkins had HUGE holes to run through!

Great game! Congrats to Corbin, and good luck to both teams.

Maybe Watkins will get his due now. I think the kid could play some high level football. Now has the chance to be a feature back. He is about 6'1 and 200 pounds with good speed. I think some big time colleges might take interest since he is getting most of the touches. Why does it take an injury to one player for another to shine?

This game starred two great running backs. Corbin was very impressive running the ball tonight. I was impressed with Watkins' speed on the two long runs, but I was impressed with his power on the 40 yard run. He trucked three guys one after another on that run.

Hayden from LCA is a man! I thought he was the better running back tonight as far as talent goes. He has great vision and knows how to let things develop and burst through the hole. He had to make things happen on his own a lot, while Watkins had HUGE holes to run through!

Great game! Congrats to Corbin, and good luck to both teams.

Hayden is an extremely good back, makes alot of nothing. He 'EXPLODES' through any opening that he can find and when he doesn't have an opening he seems to create one. Not sure what grade he is, I'm thinking he might be a jr.?? but he has to be turning some heads......

I would love to see Caleb be able to play one way, whether it be O or D, just to see how he could excel. But he is too valuable at both.

Hayden is an extremely good back, makes alot of nothing. He 'EXPLODES' through any opening that he can find and when he doesn't have an opening he seems to create one. Not sure what grade he is, I'm thinking he might be a jr.?? but he has to be turning some heads......

I would love to see Caleb be able to play one way, whether it be O or D, just to see how he could excel. But he is too valuable at both.

No way the Hounds are going to play less than 6 or 7 kids both ways in any season. It seems to be the mindset of the staff. Many teams take their chances and get some experience for the younger kids early in the season. Pressure is too much for the Hounds to take a risk. I would not be surprised to see them play around 20 kids both ways come playoff time. Injuries might be the difference between carpet and moth balls for this team.

What is scary is that the best running back on the field may have been over on the sidelines in street clothes. That's taking nothing away from Watkins and Hayden. Both are GREAT GREAT players. I'm just talking about how talented the running backs in this game were. Caleb has all sorts of potential. This kid is Jarrod Lawson with a 4.47 instead of a 4.74. He has been a pleasure to watch in his first two seasons and this year seems to be even more of a pleasure. I cannot wait to see him as a senior. As sure as I'm sitting here typing this, you know good and well that he will come into next year about 215-220, benching 350 and still moving like a jet plane. I would say that tonight, the coaches who may have not heard of him just took notice.

:banana: Any one can run from one end to the other. But to make your way is something you can't teach.

Welcome to BGP, towing! :thumb:

I fully expected LCA to bounce back from a tough loss last week to Raceland.

Congrats to Corbin though, I know you guys really enjoy your football in that part of our state.

p.s. Hang in there Bluto…this season is far from over.

09-27-2008, 02:20 PM #6

just 4 fun

All State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If LCA wins, they'll have to score 40+ pts...There defense has really struggled and I'm not sure they'll see a much better fundamentally sound, well coached team than they'll see against the Hounds...I don't see them putting that many of the board..I think Corbin will take this one....Corbin 42 LCA 34

I kept thinking all week about this post by just 4 fun in the predictions thread. Looks like he got this one almost right on!

Corbin remains to be a tough place for Lexington teams to win. Not sure why, but we have had uncanny success in recent years in knocking off our northern counterparts.

As for LCA, they will have a say in who wins the 1A crown. I'm not sure Corbin will see another O with that many weapons. Keep your chin up men, win or lose, this game will serve you well in the playoffs, where it really counts. I certainly wish Paul Rains and his CLASS LCA program the very best, including a 1 A state crown at seasons end!!!