Corbin 48 Lex. Christian 34

Les

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a heck of a game. For the longest time it was tit for tat right to the finish. Corbin score, LCA score, Corbin score, LCA score and miss the extra point, Corbin score and miss the extra point, Corbin throws pick, LCA throws pick returned for TD. Great game featuring two GREAT running backs in Watkins and Hayden. Corbin proved to have a few too many horses but LCA is one heck of a ball club.

Caleb Watkins rushed for more than 330 yards and had td runs of 2, 40, 93 and 97.

Watkins really came through by picking up the slack for his injured teammate as he and Hayden for LCA put on a good show. The bad snap that went for a 25 yard loss when LCA had it 3rd and goal from the four inside 3:00 may have been the difference in the game.

Mike Fields will be talking about this game for a while in his Herald Leader column I bet. It was good to see Fritts walking around with no noticable limp tonight as well. I also want to tip my hat to Lance Freeman who stepped up and made some big passes. Every QB is going to throw an int or two but Lance played a fine ballgame with some big runs. You can see the confidence growing each week for the young man. I know he was in a no win situation with a player like Cashen in front of him but I bet he would have been a very nice player with another year or two. Win win for the hounds in that case.

Dominique Hayden and Daniel Harmon of Pikeville played a huge roles in it but if Corbin can shore up their run D, I smell big things.

Caleb is an unbelievable talent. Only a junior. Big, strong power back with speed. No one on LCA's defense had the speed to come close to catching him. I thought the 40 yard td was the most impressive....

Great kid as well.

I hate that Fritts is injured but Corbin might become a better team because of it...... Forcing us to throw the ball some.

Good win...............

I picked Corbin, but I wanted LCA to win. LCA's run defense is just to soft and gives up to much rushing yardage. I am sure Coach Raines will get that worked out by playoff time, but I hope he doesn't. :D

Congratulations to Corbin, sounds like it was a great game to watch.