Jim Schue Hates You

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, that title is a little misleading I'll admit. Actually, what I am saying is odds are Jim Schue hates your music, at least most if not all of what you like. So I ask this of you BGP'ers out there. Submit a song or two that in your mind Jim would have to respect/admire and let's see if it passes the JS screening process.

Jim, your participation in this thread is vital, so please play along.:D

I'll go first.

Breakdown - Tom Petty

You know I love Tom Petty.

Okay I'll bite. Jim, what do ya think?

Satisfaction, The Rolling Stones

Every Breath You Take, The Police

Both are great songs, but certainly not my faves by the respective bands.

Well, when you get my age....you forget the names of the songs....:D But I love anything from Gene Pitney and Roy Orbinson. Love Town Without Pity...but not sure which one sang it.

What do you think JS?

I've been a freak for Roy Orbison for a long time. And I don't mind Gene Pitney.

Well, I know Jim hates most if not all of my music, but then again so do A LOT of people. So I can't take offense to it. :lol:

As for a suggestion to see if it passes Jim's approval, how about anything by Jason Mraz or even better, I wonder what Jim's thoughts on are the Polyphonic Spree. Now THAT is a fun band. :thumb:

I've seen the Mraz name, but if I've heard the music, I found it pretty unremarkable, or else I'd have committed to memory.

I don't have any stuff from Polyphonic Spree, but I find the music delightfully weird.

Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks ;)

Anything by the Eagles, Garth Brooks and/or Tim McGraw. :ylsuper::D

Insert puking smiley here.

Although I'll confess that "Take It Easy" is a great tune. My biggest hang-up with the Eagles is I just can't stand Don Henley.

I knew it!!!!!

But as for my songs for you Mr. Schue.

Rocketman by Elton John

Phil Collins In The Air Tonight:cool:

"Rocket Man" is a fantastic tune. I've always loved Elton John.

I can take or leave Phil Collins. The biggest crime about that tune is it was grossly overplayed. His stuff with Genesis is much better, IMO, but his cover of "You Can't Hurry Love" is wonderful. I think I even have that somewhere on a 7" 45 single.

I respect Jim's musical tastes, so I'm legtimately curious how he feels about the following (because he's more likely to have heard the following than most on BGP) random picks from my playlist:

Keep the Car Running - The Arcade Fire

Ah Ha - Butthole Surfers

So Far Away From Me - Dire Straights

Alcohol - Gogol Bordello

The Arcade Fire song you mention is great, but the rest of their stuff ... well ... the only word I can come up with to describe it is "gay." Especially that "Low Cars Go" abortion.

Love the Butthole Surfers and have several albums.

Mark Knopfler is great, but I prefer other songs.

And I don't know the last song or artist.

The Arcade Fire song you mention is great, but the rest of their stuff ... well ... the only word I can come up with to describe it is "gay." Especially that "Low Cars Go" abortion.

Love the Butthole Surfers and have several albums.

Mark Knopfler is great, but I prefer other songs.

And I don't know the last song or artist.

Aw, "No Cars Go" was actually the first song I started typing, but I decided to go with that instead... wise choice, I guess, haha. Though yes, there are some non-heterosexual-style songs that I skip.

Gogol Bordello is... well... I guess I should just say to check out their site. The lead singer is also in this movie with Frodo Bagg- er, Elijah Wood called "Everything Is Illuminated" (an odd, but very good movie IMO. Both actors do a good jorb).

"Rocket Man" is a fantastic tune. I've always loved Elton John.

I can take or leave Phil Collins. The biggest crime about that tune is it was grossly overplayed. His stuff with Genesis is much better, IMO, but his cover of "You Can't Hurry Love" is wonderful. I think I even have that somewhere on a 7" 45 single.

I knew you'd have to like them, although you do like less, the one that I favor more. Although it is grosely over played. I have alot of good memories from that song. Including Miami Vice,... the tv show, not the movie.