Ashland @ Montgomery Predictions

ddky1970

Who will win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I heard last night that Hackworth is injured and out for this game? Anyone know anything about this or have an update? If this is true Montgomery is really in trouble Friday night.

Im glad to hear the young man is ok (as posted by pittswan). What sort of game did Hackworth have against Bourbon Co.? The reason I ask is after the first three games of this season, Hackworth carried the ball the fewest times of any MC running backs.

Going into the Bourbon Co game, MC reported the following stats for total team rushing:

Murphy – 20 carries for 60 yards

Cundiff – 30 carries for 138 yards

Dotson – 25 carries for 65 yards

Hackworth – 18 carries for 105 yards.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painter and Graybeard, your boys need to have some orange nation orientation, post last year's score and pound it in their heads so they do not let up and they don't get the big head over last weeks win.

Point taken sidelinedoc, but something tells me that after such an abysmal season in 2007, these Tomcats probably know every score from last year…Ashland has several demons to exorcise and having a respectable run in the district is one of them.

First game of the “real season” starts this Friday. I hope we can put together back to back wins for a change.

It bothers me a little that Ashland has more votes in this poll. I've gotten used to the Tomcats being the underdog.

I think there just aren't many MC posters on BGP. This is just a popularity contest. This will be a difficult road game for Ashland. We will have to play our best game of the year to win.

I am thinking the same on the Raceland/LCA thread, there are far many more Raceland fans on here than LCA. No way should that poll have that big of a margin if any.

Originally Posted by james-russell

Ashand by four td's

I don't see that happening.

I have a hard time envisioning that too indian71...Ashland averages 28 points a game overall, but against teams which have some form of effective defense, they can only muster 11. Offensively, the Tomcats had a nice game last weekend with an impressive ground attack, but once again, I think the Ashland Defense will be the difference maker. Props to Coach Love and crew I have a hard time envisioning that too indian71...Ashland averages 28 points a game overall, but against teams which have some form of effective defense, they can only muster 11. Offensively, the Tomcats had a nice game last weekend with an impressive ground attack, but once again, I think the Ashland Defense will be the difference maker. Props to Coach Love and crew.

Im glad to hear the young man is ok (as posted by pittswan). What sort of game did Hackworth have against Bourbon Co.? The reason I ask is after the first three games of this season, Hackworth carried the ball the fewest times of any MC running backs.

Going into the Bourbon Co game, MC reported the following stats for total team rushing:

Murphy – 20 carries for 60 yards

Cundiff – 30 carries for 138 yards

Dotson – 25 carries for 65 yards

Hackworth – 18 carries for 105 yards.

Hackworth didn't carry the ball aganist Woodford. So 18 carries for 105 yards is what he did in 2 games.

Hackworth didn't carry the ball aganist Woodford. So 18 carries for 105 yards is what he did in 2 games.

Agreed, those stats are deceiving. Hackworth is the man for M.C. IMO he doesn't get the ball in his hands enough. Heck I would direct snap it to him on occasion and see if he can make the corner.

I think they actually only have 7 now. Only have 11 Juniors I think. They've had a lot of attrition the past couple of years.

I don't understand your thoughts on the MC losing a lot of players....who are they...some kids have moved away, but that happens everywhere.

This senior class had 15 players in the 8th grade.

I don't want to be negative, but you appear to have seen all 4 MC games, half of Boyd Counties games and half of Bath and Estill's....you really get around well on Friday nights.

I don't understand your thoughts on the MC losing a lot of players....who are they...some kids have moved away, but that happens everywhere.

This senior class had 15 players in the 8th grade.

I don't want to be negative, but you appear to have seen all 4 MC games, half of Boyd Counties games and half of Bath and Estill's....you really get around well on Friday nights.

I've seen all of Montgomery's games, I've seen one of Boyd's,nowhere did I say I had seen Estill or Bath play live. I've listened to them on the radio and have friends who have watched them. Oh and Montgomery's first game was on a Saturday, remember? The senior class at Montgomery had at least 25 on the freshman team, what does the 8th grade have to do with anything???? I was talking about since they reached high school.

I'm glad you are so strident in your defense of your team, but this is an opinion site and I am entitled to my opinion, especially when it's based on factual data. I know they lost Groves, Hendrix, and Rash AFTER 8th grade.

If you want to support Montgomery say something positive and stop waiting around for me to make one negative comment. I've noticed you never said anything after all of the positive comments I've made about Montgomery or anyone else who comments and watches several teams. Geez.