ddky1970

Who will win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other then the scores of their games this year how much does anyone know about Montgomery County?

I'd like to know more. Please share.

One of the problems with our district is that it is so wide-spead that we don't really know much about our district foes.

This game with Montgomery Co has all the earmarks of a trap game. Having another solid week of practice and getting focused on the next game is tantamount in preparing for another win. So far this season, Ashland has not been able to put together back to back wins. Let’s hope that tendency changes this Friday. Sometimes, teams can have a let down after experiencing an emotional victory such as what the Tomcats enjoyed in thumping Russell.

The real season starts Monday in getting prepared for the first district match-up. MC is 1 -3 overall and 0 – 1 in the district. They cannot afford to loose another district game and that makes them a very dangerous opponent.

I'd like to know more. Please share.

One of the problems with our district is that it is so wide-spead that we don't really know much about our district foes.

I know MC was blanked by 6A George Rogers Clark (19 -0) and district foe Woodford Co. (49 - 0). Their one win was last weekend against Bourbon Co.

I would like to more about what type of team they are though.

Anyone out there which could shed some light on what to expect from the Indians?

link to MC web site : http://fp.tv/teams/hs/8363 check out the State Power Ratings of opponents there.

I know MC was blanked by 6A George Rogers Clark (19 -0) and district foe Woodford Co. (49 - 0). Their one win was last weekend against Bourbon Co.

I would like to more about what type of team they are though.

Anyone out there which could shed some light on what to expect from the Indians?

link to MC web site : http://fp.tv/teams/hs/8363 check out the State Power Ratings of opponents there.

I've seen Montgomery play all 4 times this year and haven't seen Ashland play. I can tell you that Montgomery plays best when they run the ball. They don't have much of a passing game and their quarterback is at his best when he's running it. Montgomery has a couple of kids with some speed and their defense kind of runs hot and cold. Montgomery would have been right with Ashland or possibly better but they've had some kids quit during the past couple years that would have been Juniors and Seniors on this team. The Hackworth kid for Montgomery is as good and quick as any kid Ashland will see this year. If he has a big game, Ashland is in for a dogfight.

I've seen Montgomery play all 4 times this year and haven't seen Ashland play. I can tell you that Montgomery plays best when they run the ball. They don't have much of a passing game and their quarterback is at his best when he's running it. Montgomery has a couple of kids with some speed and their defense kind of runs hot and cold. Montgomery would have been right with Ashland or possibly better but they've had some kids quit during the past couple years that would have been Juniors and Seniors on this team. The Hackworth kid for Montgomery is as good and quick as any kid Ashland will see this year. If he has a big game, Ashland is in for a dogfight.

Thanks for the info tater...It sounds like there are some similarities between these two teams. Ashland is also more comfortable with their running game. Although the Tomcats had good production from their offense last week, I think their D is still what this team hangs its hat on.

Is Hackworth a speed merchant or an up-the-middle power runner?

If anyone remembers the game from last year Montgomery County had a big game from Hackworth along with a couple more Jrs.(now seniors).

I remember he was a very good football player and leader ,he even complemented the speed of our defense in our news paper.He is a player with a lot of class and can beat you running the football.:thumb:He was the QB right?

Edited by Jericho51

I remember he was a very good football player and leader ,he even complemented the speed of our defense in our news paper.He is a player with a lot of class and can beat you running the football.:thumb:He was the QB right?

You're thinking of Caleb Curtis who was a heck of an athlete. He graduated. Hackworth plays running back and sometimes they'll line him up in the slot or even out wide. Anything to get his hands on the ball. He's a great kid and has speed to burn. He ran down the Williams kid from Clark County several times from behind when Montgomery played them earlier in the year.