Rank the State (1A Fan Rankings)

It's ok, we have never beat Mayfield so we should never be above them until we do IMO, but man, 20 returning starters has me liking there chances this year!:thumb:

Crittenden will score on people, but, imo, they've really got to shore up there run defense to be a serious contender. The times I saw them, they got chewed up pretty good on the defensive side. I know a years experience and strength will help, but, it seemed to me to be more fundamental tackling than a matter of strength or experience. For what it's worth, I wish them alot of success this year. I hope they win every game except 1 and that's the one with the Cards...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crittenden County is a team that could cause a lot of problems for people this year. I saw how much they improved from the first game I saw them in the middle of the year when they hosted Mayfield to the the playoff game against the Cardinals that they almost won, and to have almost all of the starters back from that team a year ago is really scary. I also have to believe that the Rockets banned together last year after the early season struggles and defection of their top player to become a TEAM. I look for big things this season for Crittenden County and hope that they and Coach Starnes have a great year with lots of success...with the exception of one, maybe two games this year.

Just took a look at the Rocket website and this is being reported

When two-a-days started this week, absent was senior tailback Jeramie Sorina. A week earlier, Sorina had been timed at 4.4 in the 40 during the annual Ironman competition, but he has been a no show this week.

Also missing are returning starters Alex Wood and Alex Fritts. Wood, a star baseball player, has opted to stick to the diamond and give up football. It's not clear why Fritts, a junior, did not return. Senior Seth Keene also chose not play football this year.

http://www.the-press.com/football.html

:madman:

Guest Bluto
Just took a look at the Rocket website and this is being reported

When two-a-days started this week, absent was senior tailback Jeramie Sorina. A week earlier, Sorina had been timed at 4.4 in the 40 during the annual Ironman competition, but he has been a no show this week.

Also missing are returning starters Alex Wood and Alex Fritts. Wood, a star baseball player, has opted to stick to the diamond and give up football. It's not clear why Fritts, a junior, did not return. Senior Seth Keene also chose not play football this year.

http://www.the-press.com/football.html

:madman:

That's a bummer. Sorry to hear it.

I'm sorry to hear that...I know that Sorina was one of the kids that really seemed to play hard last year for the Rockets. Hopefully things will turn around. Sorry if I jinxed the team 00Rocket28 when I mentioned earlier that it looked as if they had turn things around from the beginning of last year's situation and defections to being a team on a mission this year. Hopefully the kids will be back in uniform soon for Coach Starnes.

Who knows, seems this happens every year there, 1 or 2 studs pull the whole "Im not playing this year" routine. Like I said, I can see why Wood would do this but the other 2, I have no clue. Hopefully they get there tail out there ASAP, but Starnes always had the rule, You don't come to camp then you don't play this year.

I had heard about the Sorina kid, seems like last year when Mayfield came to Crittenden he was standing on the sidelines with his hands folded like he was upset about something. I don't think he got to play in that game at all IIRC. I had heard that one of the lineman or one of the big boys transferred to Texas, is that true? Don't think Mayfield is without our faults tho, we had defectors which tore the team apart and now you see that one of our up and coming backs will not be playing this year, I just hope its not the end for him, he is a great talent that I would absolutely hate to see go to waste.

Any Mayfield fans know the date and time of our home scrimmage?

Edited by bugatti

Well the 2 big lineman we lost last year, 1 went to Lakeland, FL and played for some big highschool down there and last I heard, he was still going to IU, the other was this Sorina kid's brother, who was a JR, so I dunno if he's back on the team or not.

The scrimmage is next Friday against Milan, TN. I don't know the time.

Is Owensboro Mayfields other scrimage this year? I know they came to Mayfield last year...By the way, Milan is loaded this year... Everyone in the West Tn area is predicting big things from the Bulldogs this year in Tn 2a.. Not that that's any different than any other year, but they're talking "Special" this year...

Is Owensboro Mayfields other scrimmage this year? I know they came to Mayfield last year...By the way, Milan is loaded this year... Everyone in the West Tn area is predicting big things from the Bulldogs this year in Tn 2a.. Not that that's any different than any other year, but they're talking "Special" this year...

The other scrimmage is at Christian County. We scrimmaged them last year at Mayfield.