Rank the State (1A Fan Rankings)

A little controversy......

Based on last years' records and the amount of returning players, Hazard looks like a tough opponent for ANY 1A team. Honestly, I think you could put the top three (Bwood, LCA, Hazard) in any order and I wouldn't question it a bit. The biggest motive for my choice is the AMOUNT of returning players.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on last years' records and the amount of returning players, Hazard looks like a tough opponent for ANY 1A team. Honestly, I think you could put the top three (Bwood, LCA, Hazard) in any order and I wouldn't question it a bit. The biggest motive for my choice is the AMOUNT of returning players.

Never said I disagree... just you're the first person brave enough to put the mystery team up there at #1 over the Supreme 1A Reign of Beechwood....

I aree with 9 out of 10, I would have Lynn Camp in the 10 spot in place of Crittenden County.

LC has a GREAT line this season and will have a very good Defense, but the Offense has to prove itself to be a contender in the top ten.

Williamsburg will have their usual explosive Offense, but has to prove that they can play Defense to be a top ten contender.

Campbellsville is the one out of our district to deserve top ten ranking right now.

I Picked Beechwood...But I feel the Beast from the west Mayfield This just might be there year...:thumb:

Mayfield was very young last year and they return the majority of there skill players, but, I still think they're another year away from being very, very good. They have to replace a couple of very good LBs and there QB, but, there line will be better, but, still young this year. Mayfields really good years are when they have the strong line play. They always have alot of solid skill players, so next year could be special. Not saying they can't win it this year, if things fall into place, but, they should be better suited for a championship run in 09...

Mayfield was very young last year and they return the majority of there skill players, but, I still think they're another year away from being very, very good. They have to replace a couple of very good LBs and there QB, but, there line will be better, but, still young this year. Mayfields really good years are when they have the strong line play. They always have alot of solid skill players, so next year could be special. Not saying they can't win it this year, if things fall into place, but, they should be better suited for a championship run in 09...

Sounds alot like The Mayfield of the last couple of years...Which 06 was a real good year except they ran into a real good Danville team that was loaded...And I will add and Im not making excuses for Mayfield,but those guys had to be worn out because of travel...Dang a trip to Metcalfe Co. and then the next week a trip to Danville...That would be tough for any team...

Sounds alot like The Mayfield of the last couple of years...Which 06 was a real good year except they ran into a real good Danville team that was loaded...And I will add and Im not making excuses for Mayfield,but those guys had to be worn out because of travel...Dang a trip to Metcalfe Co. and then the next week a trip to Danville...That would be tough for any team...

Mayfield played well for the most part in 06, but, that was far from being one of there more talented teams and there defense, at times, left alot to be desired..I did think Danville had the best 1a team that year, but, kinda fell apart in the 4th qtr vs NCC...NCC was very solid that year, too, though..Gotta give credit where credit is due...

Mayfield played well for the most part in 06, but, that was far from being one of there more talented teams and there defense, at times, left alot to be desired..I did think Danville had the best 1a team that year, but, kinda fell apart in the 4th qtr vs NCC...NCC was very solid that year, too, though..Gotta give credit where credit is due...

No doubt...:thumb:

I Picked Beechwood...But I feel the Beast from the west Mayfield This just might be there year...:thumb:

No doubt Mayfield should field their best team this year that they have had since 2002 but next year is the year everyone has circled, they will be monsters with another year under their young belts and deep talent to spare at most every position. Next year it's theirs to loose, this year they will be pretty good but I'm gonna say theur a year away

Crittenden out west needs a harder look by some of you guys upstate. They return everything from a team that at years end last year was very good and gave Mayfield a great game. They should compete with Mayfield for the district title.

I've had my eye on that Hazzard team since late last year, they could be very good, I'm gonna take a chance on them and give them my love for the #1 spot

They say the defense for Mayfield is going to be very good this year. On offense I really don't have a clue as to how good they will be.

The question mark will be the o-line. I really don't see how the line can be better this year. Last year when Ethan went down for a couple of weeks none of the juniors or sophomores stepped up. They had to go with a freshman who was just over whelmed. Look for Janzen Jones to be a monster this year.

Rump will not be back this year. It really is a shame. Tons of talent.

Nobody in 06 expected Danville to run right at Mayfield's D. When the game first started Danville ran wide and it didn't work. A few plays later they ran it right down Mayfeild's gut and Mayfield could do nothing to stop it the rest of the game.

They say the defense for Mayfield is going to be very good this year. On offense I really don't have a clue as to how good they will be.

The question mark will be the o-line. I really don't see how the line can be better this year. Last year when Ethan went down for a couple of weeks none of the juniors or sophomores stepped up. They had to go with a freshman who was just over whelmed. Look for Janzen Jones to be a monster this year.

Rump will not be back this year. It really is a shame. Tons of talent.

I agree that losing Rump is a shame...and hopefully he can take care of what he needs to and be back next season. He would have been a good breather and change of pace back for Murrell this season.

As far as the linemen go they are a question mark heading into this season in a couple of spots. But the best thing about Freshman and Sophomores is that they become Sophomores and Juniors...and hopefully ones that hit the weight room during the off season. This team in my opinion is a year away from being a GREAT team. They can still be a great team this season, but the linemen have to improve and Guhy will have to show that he can handle the blitz and move in the pocket better. I have no doubt he can do that and will be a very good QB before he graduates in three years. I am looking forward to the season getting under way at the Alliance Bowl against Ft. Campbell...should be a great test for the Cards!!!

1 - 3 (in no order):

Beechwood - returns many players from their bruising championship team and has a huge Senior class this year.

Hazard - hard to beat a good team twice in one year, but with so many returning, I give them the nod over LCA.

Lexington Christian - Good enough to play for the game in the final minutes against Beechwood in the championship.

Everybody else right now I can't give a strong opinion about. I think those three above stand out as the top three teams to start the season.

As for the rest:

Mayfield - should improve over the regional final finish last year with some young talent on the rise.

Louisville Holy Cross - got handled by Beechwood in the playoffs last year, but who didn't other than LCA? They always have a strong team.

Frankfort - lost a great many starters, but the skilled players are there this year as well (as they always are). So the biggest question will be with the O-line.

The Pikevilles, Williamsburgs, Racelands, Bellevues, and Campbellsvilles will probably have a say in the top ten as well.

I'm too chicken to actually assign anybody a rank.

No doubt Mayfield should field their best team this year that they have had since 2002 but next year is the year everyone has circled, they will be monsters with another year under their young belts and deep talent to spare at most every position. Next year it's theirs to loose, this year they will be pretty good but I'm gonna say theur a year away

Crittenden out west needs a harder look by some of you guys upstate. They return everything from a team that at years end last year was very good and gave Mayfield a great game. They should compete with Mayfield for the district title.

I've had my eye on that Hazzard team since late last year, they could be very good, I'm gonna take a chance on them and give them my love for the #1 spot

It's ok, we have never beat Mayfield so we should never be above them until we do IMO, but man, 20 returning starters has me liking there chances this year!:thumb: