Obama Throwing Down The Race Card

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't really a question. The point is that we should not be shocked if and when the race card gets played by Republicans against a Democrat when they've already used it against one of their OWN.
You put it in question form, so...

So, what you are saying in essence here is, if they did it it's OK for Obama to? Two wrongs make a right?

I would be willing to say that Senator Obama is considered a black candidate because of his skin color. I can tell everyone one that many black people have white blood flowing through their veins along with their black heritage blood.

In my case, I had an uncle do a search of our family tree. My ancestors were slaves in the western part of Tennessee. Very close to Fulton Ky. He said there were no records dating before the Civil War to go any further. Well, my last name really is not our ancestral sir name. The slave master that had my present last name had a baby with a women who was one of his slaves. This is how my family got it's present last name.

It is not uncommon, in my family, for the men to have straight hair as my father did. Also for someone to have very light skin. Actually my sister's skin color was so light that she was on many occasions mistaken for a white girl.

So this is why I wonder this is such a big deal whether Mr. Obama is white or black.

I would be willing to say that Senator Obama is considered a black candidate because of his skin color. I can tell everyone one that many black people have white blood flowing through their veins along with their black heritage blood.

In my case, I had an uncle do a search of our family tree. My ancestors were slaves in the western part of Tennessee. Very close to Fulton Ky. He said there were no records dating before the Civil War to go any further. Well, my last name really is not our ancestral sir name. The slave master that had my present last name had a baby with a women who was one of his slaves. This is how my family got it's present last name.

It is not uncommon, in my family, for the men to have straight hair as my father did. Also for someone to have very light skin. Actually my sister's skin color was so light that she was on many occasions mistaken for a white girl.

So this is why I wonder this is such a big deal whether Mr. Obama is white or black.

I couldn't care less about his color. I refuse to look at the color or gender of a candidate. The only thing that matters to me is their stance on issues that are important to me. That's why Obama is in no way my choice.

You put it in question form, so...

So, what you are saying in essence here is, if they did it it's OK for Obama to? Two wrongs make a right?

Nope. The reply was to someone questioning or implying that Republicans were racist. When the #1 strategist (at the time) uses the race card against one of his own party, you would be stupid or naive to think that somewhere along the line it will not be used against Obama.

We can debate whether Obama should have or should not have mentioned it but you cannot debate that its a proven tactic by the Republican party.

For the record, its not a tactic owned by one party. It speaks to us as a country and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

If you hate it here so much why stay?

:confused:

I didn't say I hated it here. Plus, I don't let others' prejudices or biases affect my happiness or livelihood. My love for Kentucky transcends the rampant racial prejudice that exists in these hills. Plus, it is not like racial bias fails to exist outside KY.

Nope. The reply was to someone questioning or implying that Republicans were racist. When the #1 strategist (at the time) uses the race card against one of his own party, you would be stupid or naive to think that somewhere along the line it will not be used against Obama.

We can debate whether Obama should have or should not have mentioned it but you cannot debate that its a proven tactic by the Republican party.

For the record, its not a tactic owned by one party. It speaks to us as a country and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

You quoted me, so you can understand my confusion.

You can't deny it's a proven tactic by the Democratic Party.

My point in this thread is I thought Obama was supposed to be above all this, about change and uniting everyone. Instead, he's nothing more than a typical politician and is becoming quite inflammatory.

You quoted me, so you can understand my confusion.

You can't deny it's a proven tactic by the Democratic Party.

My point in this thread is I thought Obama was supposed to be above all this, about change and uniting everyone. Instead, he's nothing more than a typical politician and is becoming quite inflammatory.

Because he pointed out the obvious tactics by SOME, he's a typical politician? I don't see the connection.

Heck, the Democratic party uses race against their own constituents so, as I said, its not owned by the Republicans.

I couldn't care less about his color. I refuse to look at the color or gender of a candidate. The only thing that matters to me is their stance on issues that are important to me. That's why Obama is in no way my choice.

That's the way it should be. :thumb:

What I find ironic about this discussion is it was the Republican Party who freed the slaves and at that time most blacks joined that organization. It was the Democratic Party that wanted to keep slavery.

Man! how times have changed.

Because he pointed out the obvious tactics by SOME, he's a typical politician? I don't see the connection.

Heck, the Democratic party uses race against their own constituents so, as I said, its not owned by the Republicans.

Pointing out tactics my aunt fanny, he's flat out putting the idea in peoples heads that if you have a problem with him it's because of his skin color.

Actually I don't have disdain for the Democratic Party, I have disdain for what it has become. I remember my mom (who was a life long Dem until Carter) saying she could no longer support a party she no longer recognizes. Reagan changed her mind about Republicans and I don't think she's voted Democrat in a presidential election since.

Is my disdain for what the Democratic Party has become any different then your disdain for the Republican Party? I would have to guess no. Is it any different then quite a few BGP posters disdain for the Republican Party? Again, I would have to say no.

I doubt that our disdain for the opposite party is much different. Even though we obviously are on different sides, I enjoy reading your posts and I respect your knowledge and loyalty. I must admit that Carter was not good, but I also can't give cudos to Reagan.