Obama Throwing Down The Race Card

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid. They're going to try to make you afraid of me. 'He's young and inexperienced, and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'"

He went on to predict that Republicans would say that "he's got a feisty wife" as a way of attacking Michelle Obama. "We know the strategy because they've already shown their cards," he said. "Ultimately, I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn't moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us."

:lol: Well, Crock, we know what card you've just shown.

Link

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluto
Oh, I thought he was talking about Hillary's followers.

:thumb: :thumb:

And Hillary is from WHICH party????? (I forget...oh yeah, the "clean as the pure, wind-driven snow" party...the party that would NEVER play the "race card"....)

Since Obama has given his opponents little ammunition, they have focused on those who are close to him, beginning with his former pastor. Now some critics have turned to Obama's "feisty" wife, whose image as a tall, strong, confident black woman can perhaps be made to seem threatening to some people.

This part is dead on.

Even though some are attacking his stance on certain issues, it's not like the same people are gung-ho for McCain's, so the bigger attacks are aimed at people close to him.

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid. They're going to try to make you afraid of me. 'He's young and inexperienced, and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'"[/url]

Obama cemented three main voting blocs here- the young vote, the black vote, and the funny-named vote.

Honestly, I don't see the problem with what he said.
Come on, TB&G. It's more of the "I'm untouchable" from Obama, not to mention it reeks of calling the Republicans racist. He even acts as if his wife is out of bounds, totally ridiculous. If you want to run with the big dogs, you're fair game. He needs to learn to deal with that.

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid. They're going to try to make you afraid of me. 'He's young and inexperienced, and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'"

He went on to predict that Republicans would say that "he's got a feisty wife" as a way of attacking Michelle Obama. "We know the strategy because they've already shown their cards," he said. "Ultimately, I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn't moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us."

:lol: Well, Crock, we know what card you've just shown.

Link

I'm listening to "Keep Yo Head Up" by Tupac right now so I relatively don't see how this is worth mentioning. But then again, it was an unnecessary comment by Obama. Touche, self.

Come on, TB&G. It's more of the "I'm untouchable" from Obama, not to mention it reeks of calling the Republicans racist. He even acts as if his wife is out of bounds, totally ridiculous. If you want to run with the big dogs, you're fair game. He needs to learn to deal with that.

I just don't see any of it that way, though. I don't see him implying that he is untouchable, nor that his wife is out of bounds. I see him as saying that he acknowledges what some of those who are against him will say. He's right about what some of them will say...obviously not all of them will say all of those things.