Obama Throwing Down The Race Card

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that some don't like the fact that Obama has pre-empted the probable campaign strategy of the other side.

Happens all the time in the courtroom. Defense attorneys and prosecutors often do this in their opening arguments. "Here's what the other side is going to tell you".

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that some don't like the fact that Obama has pre-empted the probable campaign strategy of the other side.

Happens all the time in the courtroom. Defense attorneys and prosecutors often do this in their opening arguments. "Here's what the other side is going to tell you".

:thumb: Now, what was Sen. Obama's profession before he went into politics?

I agree that attorneys do this all the time. However, I don't see the republican strategy being 'oh by the way, he's black'. Just like I don't think that the democrats will attack McCain's age.

I think if McCain can paint Obama as a liberal he can win. If Obama can paint McCain as GWB part 2, he will win. Either way, I don't like the choices we have in this election.

I learned in my Arguementation/Debate class that I took this past year that you should always try and figure out what the opposition is going to say or do (seemed pretty obvious to me, but my professor explained it very well).

I feel that with this comment Obama played a race card just as much as he is suggested that the Republicans will use it against him...trying to gain some sympathy. If McCain and his group were dumb enough to point out Obama's race as a negative, it would be a guarenteed loss in this election.

one of the posts above, couched in sarcasm has already pointed out how the republican machine is going to play.

Fox News - he attended a Madras (lie) implication - he is black, and of African descent so he must be muslim

Michelle Obama - rails against "whitey" (lie) implication - she is black and a reverse racist

Obama was not born in America and is not a citizen (lie) implication - he is black and of African descent so he must be a muslim

Obama won't cover his heart during the pledge (lie) implication - he is black and of African descent so he must be a muslim.

Don't tell me there will not be conservative groups who will not play the race card.

one of the posts above, couched in sarcasm has already pointed out how the republican machine is going to play.

Fox News - he attended a Madras (lie) implication - he is black, and of African descent so he must be muslim

Michelle Obama - rails against "whitey" (lie) implication - she is black and a reverse racist

Obama was not born in America and is not a citizen (lie) implication - he is black and of African descent so he must be a muslim

Obama won't cover his heart during the pledge (lie) implication - he is black and of African descent so he must be a muslim.

Don't tell me there will not be conservative groups who will not play the race card.

Sure there will be, just as there will be liberal groups that play the race card as well. The McCain campaign will most assuredly not however, much like the Obama campaign is not going to play the age card.

Sure there will be, just as there will be liberal groups that play the race card as well. The McCain campaign will most assuredly not however, much like the Obama campaign is not going to play the age card.

:thumb: My thoughts exactly. Just because conservative and liberal groups may say things, doesn't mean that the campaigns will follow suit.

Did Obama say that McCain said it? I'm pretty sure most of the attacks he'll face in the general are, indeed, from Republicans. Since UKMF and others admit that these attacks will happen, and we can kind of infer that it will be Republicans making them, can't we say that Obama was, gasp, right?

Let me get this straight. If the Republicans don't say anything, no one will know Obama is Black? I didn't realize we were keeping it a secret.

Seriously, I feel like I'm being shamed into voting for Obama, as if voting for anyone else brands me a rascist. Oh my, I certainly hope they don't call me an ignorant hillbilly again.:irked: :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight. If the Republicans don't say anything, no one will know Obama is Black? I didn't realize we were keeping it a secret.

Seriously, I feel like I'm being shamed into voting for Obama, as if voting for anyone else brands me a rascist. Oh my, I certainly hope they don't call me an ignorant hillbilly again.:irked: :rolleyes:

Who called you an ignorant hillbilly?

Did Obama say that McCain said it? I'm pretty sure most of the attacks he'll face in the general are, indeed, from Republicans. Since UKMF and others admit that these attacks will happen, and we can kind of infer that it will be Republicans making them, can't we say that Obama was, gasp, right?

I just don't see why it's necessary for him to bring it up....Like someone else said, it's almost like he's trying to guilt people into voting for him so they aren't labeled a racist.

I feel that is is rather irrelevant for him to bring up as well. I really don't see the point in it besides to draw sympathy attention to himself.

The ignorant hillbilly comment comes from another thread on this forum.

And sadly that's how a lot of us Kentuckians will be painted by liberals if we vote for McCain over Obama.

I just don't see why it's necessary for him to bring it up....Like someone else said, it's almost like he's trying to guilt people into voting for him so they aren't labeled a racist.

It's almost like he was speaking at a fundraiser.