Vacation: Out & about or there to relax

ScarHeel

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purposely plan vacations to do nothing. I absolutely want to have no schedule. I've only been on one "out of town" vacation, and there was no strict schedule even on that one. Whatever we felt like doing, we did. If we didn't feel like doing anything, we did nothing.

This year, I'm planning a week of absolutely nothing. I'm not planning to go anywere, or to get anything done. I'll probably get more done that way. :lol:

I have a friend who types up a very detailed itinerary that even includes where and when they will stop on the trip back and forth. Every minute of every day is accounted for.

One year, he took his family on vacation with his brother's family. He asked his daughter to take a typed itinerary to his brother's condo. His brother laughed and ripped it up.

I am a relaxed, spur of the moment person. However, I dont mind one or two planned events sprinkled in.

We are always non stop on vacation. I did relax on our last vacation to the beach more than normal though. We love going to Gatlinburg, and no matter how many times we have been there, we always over do it, and go too many places, and then say..."we should have relaxed"

You can sleep when you're dead, so when you are at a place on vacation, especially if its a place you more than likely will never be again, you owe it to yourself to get out and experience everything that place has to offer! Just my opinion...

This sounds like spring break. Except I don't get Starbuck's in the morning, that is my usual trip to the grocery store. About every other day I substitut the grocery trip for a morning walk on the beach. Works out pretty good.

Now if we're talking ski trip, that is really fun. Ski all day, well til 4:00, back to the condo for a hot tub and wine, shower and out to dinner, and then bed by 9:00. It is the perfect day. I know 9:00 sounds early, but not when you ski all day.:banana:

It's pretty much a spring break, fall break and summer break schedule. :thumb: I've pretty much got it down to a fine art at Myrtle Beach but for my daughter's senior year spring break I'm going to break the cycle (but not the routine) and head to Daytona.

But I'm with you on the early bedtime. After a full day in the sun . . . sand . . . water . . . and "adult beverage", I'm ready to hit the hay by 11pm anyway. I guess I'm tellin my age now . . . just can't keep up with all the youngsters. :eek:

You can sleep when you're dead, so when you are at a place on vacation, especially if its a place you more than likely will never be again, you owe it to yourself to get out and experience everything that place has to offer! Just my opinion...

I'm at the point in my life where if I don't sleep, I'll be dead. :lol:

I'm looking forward to sleep! :sleep: