"The House You Live In"... Dedicated to Rockmom, NWO, and HB20

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....how do you propose to help undereducated people do this? This is NOT a jab at you...I am really interested in what you want to do.

You don't need to be educated to work at a lot of places....department stores, restauraunts, etc....It may not be great money, but with hard work there are opportunities for advancement in all industries.

We could start by donating our time and money to churches and charitable organizations to help those in need.

Ok...and what churches or charities don't give "handouts"? The churches that I work with give clothes to the underclothed, furniture to those that need it, food to those that are in need and money to help with utility bills. There are no prerequisites for the help.

You don't need to be educated to work at a lot of places....department stores, restauraunts, etc....It may not be great money, but with hard work there are opportunities for advancement in all industries.

And again...what are YOU going to do to help them get a job? What about the single parent with young children? What does she do with her kids?

And again...what are YOU going to do to help them get a job? What about the single parent with young children? What does she do with her kids?

You can help them apply for jobs.

As far as the single parent, and I know it sounds bad, but people who can't afford children shouldn't have them. I'm sorry but I feel no sympathy for people who make stupid decisions...

As far as the single parent, and I know it sounds bad, but people who can't afford children shouldn't have them. I'm sorry but I feel no sympathy for people who make stupid decisions...

Do you mean that I can help them apply for jobs or YOU can? You said that you were all for helping those in need. I asked you how YOU could help.

You realize that for some single parents the stupid decison that they made was the person they chose to marry, right?

What do we do with the children of those that made "stupid decisions"? Do we NOT help them, due to what their parent(s) did/did not do?

Wow! And what happens when a single mom, who worked...say at the Fruit of the Loom factory loses her job when the plant closes? She goes from having a decent job, able to pay her bills, day care, etc, to having no job, faced with the option of taking a low-paying service sector job, for instance, and that don't pay the bills, my friend.

Not singling you out, but what you posted is indicative of way too many people's perception of who is facing the choice of accepting aid.

Wow! And what happens when a single mom, who worked...say at the Fruit of the Loom factory loses her job when the plant closes? She goes from having a decent job, able to pay her bills, day care, etc, to having no job, faced with the option of taking a low-paying service sector job, for instance, and that don't pay the bills, my friend.

Not singling you out, but what you posted is indicative of way too many people's perception of who is facing the choice of accepting aid.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

Not singling you out, but what you posted is indicative of way too many people's perception of who is facing the choice of accepting aid.

Exactly, Rockmom. I'll give you another good example...what about the grandparents that live off of social security and a small retirement that choose to care for their four grandchildren in which both of their parents are in prison? (worded badly, I know)

Too many people automatically label those people on government assistance as lazy and stupid.

Babysitters can be found, it's not impossible. Here is something I can do for anyone in the Greater Cincinnati area that needs a job:

Free job training offered

Cost of the training is valued at $3,500, but because of several training grants, the program will be free to those accepted into the program. Applicants will pay about $150 to cover the cost of drug screens, background checks and a work keys test of math and reading comprehension, Ellsworth said.

For more information, those interested should contact Butler Tech at 3603 Hamilton-Middletown Road by calling 513-645-8200.

Exactly, Rockmom. I'll give you another good example...what about the grandparents that live off of social security and a small retirement that choose to care for their four grandchildren in which both of their parents are in prison? (worded badly, I know)

Too many people automatically label those people on government assistance as lazy and stupid.

How about a many who worked 14 hours a day seven days a week to build his business? Then he was injured in a accident at work. Had his pelvis broke in six places and lost everything due to doctor bills. Spent six months in the hospital and couldn't walk for over a year.

He had a family to support didn't want to get government assistance but had no choice.

Know who this man was? My father.

How about a many who worked 14 hours a day seven days a week to build his business? Then he was injured in a accident at work. Had his pelvis broke in six places and lost everything due to doctor bills. Spent six months in the hospital and couldn't walk for over a year.

He had a family to support didn't want to get government assistance but had no choice.

:thumb:

I've heard of several instances where an injury resulted in a family needing public assistance. It's harder to ignore these cases if people take the time to really understand what some people go through.