I Just Finished Reading The Da Vinci Code

MJAlltheWay24

I have seen the movie several times and decided that I was going to read the book because I heard it was much better (I loved how much more insight that the book offered). I started it on Friday and outside of work, the NBA finals, and a trip to Frankfort lol, I couldn't put it down and just finished it...loved it, one of the best I have read.

I really don't care what your religious beliefs are, whether you hate the story or love the story because of how you feel about Christianity...this book is pure genius. Not exactly the story because I am sure he researched it and there are many historians who have written similar things, but the way that Dan Brown was able to capture your attention. I am not a huge reader and for me to get through this in basically four days with distractions is pretty amazing.

Dan Brown is pure genius. I plan to read Angels & Demons now, followed by The Deception Point and Digital Fortress...but I thought it would be nice to discuss this novel with those who are interested.

As long as you understand that the book (and the research contained in it) are fiction, then I would have no dispute with you about the artistic style of the writer.

That is what I was referring to Hearsay...was that his artistic style is very good. But with your comment, a lot of things in that book are fact and then exaggerated on top of that. Much of the history of the Knights Templar as well as different things like the Council of Nicea did happen. But, I know what you mean. Dan Brown has a very vivid imagination and paints a wonderful picture.

UKPAT02,

I plan on starting that here in the next day or so.

Seems like the man is a genius. Writing a book bashing Christianity is the best way to get the secular media's attention (so he knows how to get PR) and apparently his writing style is phenomenal enough that he can maintain a large, dedicated base of readers (so he knows to write). That's what you need.

Seems like the man is a genius. Writing a book bashing Christianity is the best way to get the secular media's attention (so he knows how to get PR) and apparently his writing style is phenomenal enough that he can maintain a large, dedicated base of readers (so he knows to write). That's what you need.

He writes in a style that, while complex, is easy to read. He makes guys like me feel smart while reading his books.

Angels and Demons is better IMO.
Completely disagree, and I've spoken with many, many people who agree with me, I agree both are good, but I read TDC quite a few years ago now, about 2-3 before the movie came out and I really enjoyed it. I've read it about 3 times total now.

Completely disagree, and I've spoken with many, many people who agree with me, I agree both are good, but I read TDC quite a few years ago now, about 2-3 before the movie came out and I really enjoyed it. I've read it about 3 times total now.

If many, many people agree with you, I must be wrong then. ;)

He writes in a style that, while complex, is easy to read. He makes guys like me feel smart while reading his books.

Haha...that is the exact way that I felt as well while I was reading it. He gives complex explanations for things, but I am able to comprehend what is going on and I feel smart trying to explain his theory to someone else, lol.