I Just Finished Reading The Da Vinci Code

MJAlltheWay24

I have heard from several who have read both that Angels and Demons is better, but I have also heard from several that The Da Vinci Code is better...either way they are both great from what I have been told. I did hear that Angles and Demons was coming out as a movie and I am rather excited. UKPat is correct, it is by Ron Howard...The Da Vinci Code was as well.

Lastly, mcpapa...that is exactly what I liked about reading The Da Vinci Code. I like the short chapters, bouncing back and for to different characters. It kept my attention much better, lol.

I have heard from several who have read both that Angels and Demons is better, but I have also heard from several that The Da Vinci Code is better...either way they are both great from what I have been told. I did hear that Angles and Demons was coming out as a movie and I am rather excited. UKPat is correct, it is by Ron Howard...The Da Vinci Code was as well.

Lastly, mcpapa...that is exactly what I liked about reading The Da Vinci Code. I like the short chapters, bouncing back and for to different characters. It kept my attention much better, lol.

Sounds like you have ADD like me! :lol:

Sounds like you have ADD like me! :lol:

Haha...definitely do when it comes to reading, lol. Unless I am really into the book I would pass out after about 15-20 pages...unless its like The Da Vinci Code where 20 pages is 6 chapters and I feel like I really accomplish something and stay into it, lol.

I've read both Angels and Demons as well as The Di Vinci Code twice each and I think A&D is slightly better. I won't give anything away for those that ahve only read TDVC but I think the ending to A&D is a tad more surprising than the one for TVDC. As soon as I read the ending for A&D the first time, my first words were "That's going to make a GREAT movie".

I decided to start Angels and Demons this morning...so I guess we will see how long it takes me.

Part of my problem might be that I watched The Da Vinci Code before I read the book. That kinda helps me cause I guess it paints a picture for me and I dont' have to use my imagination. This time around I am reading the books first.

Really....I hadn't heard that before. I read DVC and like MJ, couldn't put it down. If A&D is better, then I'm off to get a copy on my way home tonight.

I liked Angels & Demons better, too.

Can anyone give a complete list of Dan Brown novels?

Honestly, those are the only two I know of for sure.

There will be an Angels and Demons movie next May. Ron Howard as the director.

My son was recently in Rome and was able to see some of the filming of this movie and was able to talk to Ron Howard for a few minutes and to Tom Hanks(who is also in this movie) for a moment.

I know he also does The Deception Point and Digital Fortress

Here is how I would order his books in order from favorite, to least favorite:

Da Vinci Code

Angels and Demons

Digital Fortress

Deception Point (I wasn't really a fan of this book at all.)

Does anyone know if Dan Brown is currently working on another book? If so, what's it about?

My son was recently in Rome and was able to see some of the filming of this movie and was able to talk to Ron Howard for a few minutes and to Tom Hanks(who is also in this movie) for a moment.

That would be very cool...maybe one of the greatest actors of all time. And Ron Howard is definitely becoming one of the best directors/producers as well. I think that must have been very cool for your son.