Biggest fishing trip of the year!!!

That's Pat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, where ya' goin'? Give some details. I hope you have a great day. I have to work today or I'd be back below the Greenup Dam.

I shoulda went below the dam this morning, but went to Grayson instead. 6 short fish and 4 hours later, we packed it in. Hope everyone had better luck than we did. I had a "wanna kill a jetskier" moment.

I shoulda went below the dam this morning, but went to Grayson instead. 6 short fish and 4 hours later, we packed it in. Hope everyone had better luck than we did. I had a "wanna kill a jetskier" moment.

I can certainly relate to those moments, jet skiers and ski boats are sworn enemies to fishermen. :D

Not all, just most bc they are the ones that think they own the water and are some of the most unsafe individuals on the water.

Well, I just got in from a long day of fishing. I chose the tailwater area at Cave Run Lake and I had an outstanding day. Actually, it was one of the more unusual days I've ever had. I caught the following:

- 3 rock bass (redeyes)

- 2 bluegills

- 1 sunfish

- 1 sauger

- 22 crappies

- 4 trout

- 1 smallmouth bass

- 2 white bass

- 1 flathead catfish

- 2 carp

A very unusual assortment of fish, but still a great day!

Well, I just got in from a long day of fishing. I chose the tailwater area at Cave Run Lake and I had an outstanding day. Actually, it was one of the more unusual days I've ever had. I caught the following:

- 3 rock bass (redeyes)

- 2 bluegills

- 1 sunfish

- 1 sauger

- 22 crappies

- 4 trout

- 1 smallmouth bass

- 2 white bass

- 1 flathead catfish

- 2 carp

Looks like that you have had a great day. I don't think a mixed bag like that is all that unusual for fishing below a dam. I have not ever fished the Cave Run tailwaters though.

Looks like that you have had a great day. I don't think a mixed bag like that is all that unusual for fishing below a dam. I have not ever fished the Cave Run tailwaters though.

Go there with a bucket of minnows, a can of corn, and some nightcrawlers and anything can happen. I think today was the first time I have ever caught a sauger. I was pretty pleased.:ylsuper:

- 3 rock bass (redeyes)

- 2 bluegills

- 1 sunfish

- 1 sauger

- 22 crappies

- 4 trout

- 1 smallmouth bass

- 2 white bass

- 1 flathead catfish

- 2 carp

Many think that crappie is the best tasting fish that swims...I for one have to disagree. I'm in the minority on that one.

Many think that crappie is the best tasting fish that swims...I for one have to disagree. I'm in the minority on that one.

I'll let you know my thoughts on it pretty soon. I have a bowl full that I am going to fry up as soon as I can.

- 3 rock bass (redeyes)

- 2 bluegills

- 1 sunfish

- 1 sauger

- 22 crappies

- 4 trout

- 1 smallmouth bass

- 2 white bass

- 1 flathead catfish

- 2 carp

Great day. I've had similiar days there. If it's not to crowded I'll fish up off the wall in the fast water. It's usually real good for crappie. One fish missing from your list is freshwater drum. I've caught some pretty big drum there.

Great day. I've had similiar days there. If it's not to crowded I'll fish up off the wall in the fast water. It's usually real good for crappie. One fish missing from your list is freshwater drum. I've caught some pretty big drum there.

I saw a few drum swimming around the wall, but never caught one. There were about 4 muskies caught while I was there, but they were all by some jerks that were snagging them with treble hooks. I was not impressed with their lack of sportsmanship at all. :madman:

I certainly think that they (crappie) are one of them. I like sauger, walleye, bluegill and catfish just as well.