HILTON ISABEL Owen Co offensive coach

Heard from a couple parents and kids that the have Hilton on the staff. That was Fowlers best move from what I hear. There were a few kids not coming out and now I think the numbers will be there. Very surprised that he took the position due to not getting the head coaches position...Shows what a great guy he is and that he is willing to do things for the kids. Congratulations Hilton. You have a great bunch of boys and a wonderful bunch of upcoming seniors....Take care of them........

Heard from a couple parents and kids that the have Hilton on the staff. That was Fowlers best move from what I hear. There were a few kids not coming out and now I think the numbers will be there. Very surprised that he took the position due to not getting the head coaches position...Shows what a great guy he is and that he is willing to do things for the kids. Congratulations Hilton. You have a great bunch of boys and a wonderful bunch of upcoming seniors....Take care of them........

What do you think their style will be next year?

wow!!!!!

Sounds like Coach Fowler is trying to put together a quality staff and program. Matt Blackburn will also be helping out. It's a shame that some of the boys were thinking about not playing just because Coach Isabel was not hired initially, but I'm glad that they have decided to stick with it now.

Yes, it is. I think it will be an exciting year for the Rebels.

Thanks for the clarification, I did not know that he was still in the area. Last I remember he was the QB coach at Kentucky State with Donald Wayne Smith, and he was officiating Baseball. He is a very intelligent and likeable guy. Best of luck to the Rebels in 2008.

My bad, I was told that he totally turned the offense over to Hilton.....Does anyone know if Hilton has a job in the school system yet?

Who is Hilton Isabel?

What is his coaching history/record?

Why are you treating him like the next Bill Walsh?

More than likely he did turn the offense over to Hilton. He was looking to give full controll of the offense over to the OC. I believe it has been said some where that Hilton was the QB coach at K-State.

He was the QB at Warren Central then went on to KY STATE. Kids respect him very much. I don't think the kids or parents respected last years head coach at all. From talwhat I gather the assistants are the only ones to get anything across to them. Seems that the kids are very excited he is on the coaching staff. If kids like their coach then the coach is gonna be respected. Parents are also gonna have to step up and make sure the kids do respect them, but I don't feel that will be a problem. Didn't say he was the next Walsh, but who knows Walsh had to start somewhere.

When was he at Warren Central? If it was late 80s that is an interesting combination. It would mean he was the QB of the Warren Central team that beat an undefeated Shelby County team in the playoffs. That would have been before Fowler moved ot Shelby County. He played during the early to mid 90s then he played against Fowler.