Is this legit?

PutMeInCoach

I filled out a form at the Reds game a few weeks ago to win a free trip.

I wake up this morning to a call from a lady. She tells me that I have won a 3 day 2 night trip to either Orlando, FL or Vegas. She asks if I'm 21 or older or make more than 25,000 bucks a year. I answer no to both questions and she tells me I have to have my mother or such claim the prize for me.

She said it's all exclusive, flight, hotel, food, and all I have to do is have someone that meets those requirements go with me for an hour seminar in Blue Ash.

Sounds to good to be true, am I being tricked?

I filled out a form at the Reds game a few weeks ago to win a free trip.

I wake up this morning to a call from a lady. She tells me that I have won a 3 day 2 night trip to either Orlando, FL or Vegas. She asks if I'm 21 or older or make more than 25,000 bucks a year. I answer no to both questions and she tells me I have to have my mother or such claim the prize for me.

She said it's all exclusive, flight, hotel, food, and all I have to do is have someone that meets those requirements go with me for an hour seminar in Blue Ash.

Sounds to good to be true, am I being tricked?

Sounds like one of those timeshare things. The wife filled out a form to win a car at one of the malls. We got a call saying they haven't drawn for the car, but that we won a trip. We had to do the exact same thing, which we didn't.

Its legit, but you'll have to sit through a 90-minute "presentation" - or should I say a 150-minute high pressure sales pitch. Its still worth it though, if you're patient and have the ability to just say NO.

Its legit, but you'll have to sit through a 90-minute "presentation" - or should I say a 150-minute high pressure sales pitch. Its still worth it though, if you're patient and have the ability to just say NO.

And to top it off, they'll probably put you up in a dump in one of those cities.

Inside or outside Great American Ball Park? Outside well.....Inside then I would call the Reds front office and ask the Reds about the company that they allowed to do business inside their Ball Park to see what they say.... The Reds have a lot to lose, if they allow a fly by night operation to do business in their house, to their customers. If they are a fly by night outfit then I would complain loud and hard to the Reds about allowing such a company to do business in GABP during a MLB game.

And keep saying NO. We went to one where the sales pitch started high and eventually dropped to a much, much lower monthly fee. We made the mistake of signing for useless services. I don't think we even took the trip. And the sales pitches are very high pressure.

And to top it off, they'll probably put you up in a dump in one of those cities.

I have sat few some of these when I was younger, but I never did for a room. I have done it for $100 cash and that sort of thing, though. I just looked at it as I was making $50 /hr. to listen to a boring timeshare presentation. Then, I just said no about 10 times, got my money, and left.

And keep saying NO. We went to one where the sales pitch started high and eventually dropped to a much, much lower monthly fee. We made the mistake of signing for useless services. I don't think we even took the trip. And the sales pitches are very high pressure.

Yeah, after the first 3 no's, they'll pull out the double secret probation deal and that's where you really start saving.

Inside or outside Great American Ball Park? Outside well.....Inside then I would call the Reds front office and ask the Reds about the company that they allowed to do business inside their Ball Park to see what they say.... The Reds have a lot to lose, if they allow a fly by night operation to do business in their house, to their customers. If they are a fly by night outfit then I would complain loud and hard to the Reds about allowing such a company to do business in GABP during a MLB game.

Inside the ball park.

I have sat few some of these when I was younger, but I never did for a room. I have done it for $100 cash and that sort of thing, though. I just looked at it as I was making $50 /hr. to listen to a boring timeshare presentation. Then, I just said no about 10 times, got my money, and left.

I've done them for money too. :thumb:

Inside the ball park.

I'm almost positive Smart Travel is the same company that you see in the malls giving away the cars. If possible, find out what hotels you will be staying at. They'll usually give 2 or 3 per city, but you have no say in which one you'll get booked into. There's also the possibility that you're too young to stay in some of them.