Best field in NKY and why?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Henry, hands down. It's one of the newest, and the best viewing of all the fields in N.Ky. Dixie is pretty nice, but St. Henry tops it...IMO

Have to agree, St. Henry and really no one else is even close to it.

The baseball fields at least the ones I have seen/been to, are so much nicer across the Commonwealth than what we have in NKy. Really it's embarrassing to see how nice some of these high schools baseball fields are compared to what we have in NKy. Then again the rest of the Commonwealth can't believe how nice our football fields are..... Even St. Henry, as nice as it is, can't hold a candle to a lot of the downstate diamonds. That's one reason why I am so happy that Champion Window Field the Home of the Florence Freedom allows the kids use their field not only for some regular season games but for the Ninth Region Tournament.

Have to agree, St. Henry and really no one else is even close to it.

The baseball fields at least the ones I have seen/been to, are so much nicer across the Commonwealth than what we have in NKy. Really it's embarrassing to see how nice some of these high schools baseball fields are compared to what we have in NKy. Then again the rest of the Commonwealth can't believe how nice our football fields are..... Even St. Henry, as nice as it is, can't hold a candle to a lot of the downstate diamonds. That's one reason why I am so happy that Champion Window Field the Home of the Florence Freedom allows the kids use their field not only for some regular season games but for the Ninth Region Tournament.

:thumb::thumb:

Scott does a pretty nice job with their field. I wonder how many baseballs they go through during a season? It must be hundreds and hundreds.

On the flip side, if Conner can't maintain their grass infield any better than its current state, they should just skin the field and play on dirt. :irked:

Scott does a pretty nice job with their field. I wonder how many baseballs they go through during a season? It must be hundreds and hundreds.

On the flip side, if Conner can't maintain their grass infield any better than its current state, they should just skin the field and play on dirt. :irked:

I personally like Conner's 10th man approach. ;) I've seen some CRAZY hops over the years. But from what I've heard the coaches have been in touch with Jason Johnson trying to get him to donate some money to purchase sod for the infield before districts. I believe Conner is 7-1 at home, maybe it isn't so bad after all? :sssh: :lol:

Youd be suprised, how few balls they actually go through due to fall balls, but i can say by experience its not fun being an underclassmen when it comes down to who gets the foul balls.

I personally like Conner's 10th man approach. ;) I've seen some CRAZY hops over the years. But from what I've heard the coaches have been in touch with Jason Johnson trying to get him to donate some money to purchase sod for the infield before districts. I believe Conner is 7-1 at home, maybe it isn't so bad after all? :sssh: :lol:

Not sure how they would get the sod down in time for these games. Tearing up the existing grass (what there is of it) and getting down all those pieces of sod would be a pretty big chore. Plus, until it would take root and fill in along the seams, I would think it would it also cause some "challenging" hops. Maybe Conner could consider not letting the field get played to death over the summer and Fall so that they could re-seed. Sorry, just venting here - but it's a shame that districts will be played there and could games could be decided because of a poorly maintained infield.

Not sure how they would get the sod down in time for these games. Tearing up the existing grass (what there is of it) and getting down all those pieces of sod would be a pretty big chore. Plus, until it would take root and fill in along the seams, I would think it would it also cause some "challenging" hops. Maybe Conner could consider not letting the field get played to death over the summer and Fall so that they could re-seed. Sorry, just venting here - but it's a shame that districts will be played there and could games could be decided because of a poorly maintained infield.

They could tear that infield grass out and lay sod in a matter of hours. But, like you said, there's no way for it to take root in time to play on it.

Conner is only allowed to do so much with their field. They have had numerous parents offer to re-sod the infield and make many additions to the field but the school will not allow them to do so. Conner has had a brand new scoreboard sitting behind the visitors dugout for weeks now but cant put it up until someone from the board comes and does it, and if the new visitors dugout is any sign of how the board works then they wont have that new scoreboard up anytime soon as it took them 5 months to do the dugout. At a school such as St. Henry they can do whatever they want to their field.

Conner is only allowed to do so much with their field. They have had numerous parents offer to re-sod the infield and make many additions to the field but the school will not allow them to do so. Conner has had a brand new scoreboard sitting behind the visitors dugout for weeks now but cant put it up until someone from the board comes and does it, and if the new visitors dugout is any sign of how the board works then they wont have that new scoreboard up anytime soon as it took them 5 months to do the dugout. At a school such as St. Henry they can do whatever they want to their field.

I was told that the baseball scoreboard is not up because the softball field does not have one. True?