Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best field in NKY and why?

Featured Replies

Campbell County has a very nice area up on the hill.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walton Verona has a nice sports complex and baseball field. Nice seating and concession area. It's pretty impressive.

St Henry's complex is easily the best.

 

Dixie's new field looks nice, but seems to be a small porch. Conversly, Scott used to do a nice job maintaining their field but it seemed like it was a huge outfield. I haven't seen a game at Scott in a few years, so I can't speak of how the field is in 2008.

 

I always thought Ryle did a nice job keeping their field in top condition, but again, I haven't seen a game there in a few years.

 

Other than that, I really can't think of any field that jumps out at me as being a really nice park to play/watch a game. Not many jump out as being really bad either though.

F.O.P.A and Beechwood have to be up there in this discussion.

 

Is this guy serious?

I have to agree with you, St. Henry's is the best around NKY after all consideration. They really work at it to the point that it's almost a labor of love.

 

Boone has a nice infield in terms of playability, but the dimensions of the outfield and essentially the fence cause it to pale somewhat. This is not to say that it's not a good venue, because it is. However, allowing the football team to practice on the baseball field is insane.

 

Scott has great potential, but fall short in a couple of areas. There's a depression in the grass right behind shortstop that can retain water after a shower even though the infield appears playable. The infield needs to be lightly watered and rolled, particularly the edges of the infield grass. The fans venue is another sore spot. Scott's baseball team has been raising private funding and donations for several years to finish the concession stand/press box with no help from the school board until this year. Therefore, the fan's venue has suffered.

 

Covington Catholic has a nice playing surface but could use a better fan venue down the 3rd base line.

 

But all-in-all, we're pretty fortunate to have pretty good venues here in NKY.

 

 

St Henry's complex is easily the best.

 

Dixie's new field looks nice, but seems to be a small porch. Conversly, Scott used to do a nice job maintaining their field but it seemed like it was a huge outfield. I haven't seen a game at Scott in a few years, so I can't speak of how the field is in 2008.

 

I always thought Ryle did a nice job keeping their field in top condition, but again, I haven't seen a game there in a few years.

 

Other than that, I really can't think of any field that jumps out at me as being a really nice park to play/watch a game. Not many jump out as being really bad either though.

F.O.P.A. then St Henry then Dixie. I like Dixies stands thier grass is still new though.

 

You cant be serious about F.O.P.A

Beechwood may have the one of the best infields around NKY.For a all dirt infield it is in pretty good shape .They tend to be able to play there when others get rained out also .Drains pretty well .

 

Beechwood may have one of the best all around fields .....COME NEXT YEAR !

Beechwood may have the one of the best infields around NKY.For a all dirt infield it is in pretty good shape .They tend to be able to play there when others get rained out also .Drains pretty well .

 

Beechwood may have one of the best all around fields .....COME NEXT YEAR !

 

Why???What are they doing???

Why???What are they doing???

 

Complete make over starting anytime now .All kinds of possibilities for the NEW field .Not sure what all will be done yet ,but several changes are coming .

 

:dancingpa

You cant be serious about F.O.P.A

 

Originally Posted by beleiveinblue54

F.O.P.A. then St Henry then Dixie. I like Dixies stands thier grass is still new though.

 

 

I agree Cardinal, either "blue54" has never been to FOPA or has it confused with another field.

You cant be serious about F.O.P.A

 

Originally Posted by beleiveinblue54

F.O.P.A. then St Henry then Dixie. I like Dixies stands thier grass is still new though.

 

 

I agree Cardinal, either "blue54" has never been to FOPA or has it confused with another field.

Sorry folks for posting same thing twice.

Complete make over starting anytime now .All kinds of possibilities for the NEW field .Not sure what all will be done yet ,but several changes are coming .

 

:dancingpa

 

 

 

 

If they keep it in the same location, I can't see it being to much better.

F.O.P.A. then St Henry then Dixie. I like Dixies stands thier grass is still new though.

 

I really hope F.O.P.A was a serious comment..I said it with obvious sarcasm.

 

But St. Henry is definitely the top field. Some others include Cov Cath, and I was pretty impressed with Scott's field recently that doesn't get talked about. Dixie's field was kind of a let down after all the hype. Was still one of the best, but not what was expected. Saying that, I realize it should be one of, if not the best in a year or so, just has some new field problems that will be fixed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.