The Best Star Wars light saber duel

ladiesbballcoach

Which was the best light saber duel?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best light saber duel?

• Darth Maul-Qui Gon Jim-Obiwan in Phantom Menace
    • The Jedi's battle in #2
    • Count Duko-Yoda-Anakin-Obiwan in #2
    • General Grieves-Obiwan in #2
    • General Grieves-Obiwan-Anakin in #3
    • Obiwan and Anakin that creates Darth Vader #3
    • Anakin's massacre of the Jedi's #3
    • Obiwan and Darth Vader that leads to Obiwan's death #4
    • Darth Vader and Luke in Empire Strikes Back
    • Yoda and the Emperor in #3
    • Darth Vader-Luke-Emperor in Return of the Jedi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have watched all 6 epidsodes during the past 2 weeks. I must admit - I love Star Wars.

There are some great battles in the first 3 episodes. I guess in the original 3, I would vote for Skywalker vs. Vadar on Cloud City in the Empire Strikes Back.

I have watched all 6 epidsodes during the past 2 weeks. I must admit - I love Star Wars.

There are some great battles in the first 3 episodes. I guess in the original 3, I would vote for Skywalker vs. Vadar on Cloud City in the Empire Strikes Back.

You were too quick for me. Cast a vote in the poll above.

For me, it comes down to two battles.

Obiwan and Anakin that leads to the creation of Darth Vader.

Or the Darth Vader-Luke Skywalker battle in Cloud City in Empire Strikes Back.

Not sure which one I will vote for.

Honorable Mention to Yoda's two battles with Count Dooku and the Emperor. Also, Darth Maul's battle vs. Qui Gon and Obiwan.

They didn't have the significance of the first two, that is why they fall just short.

For me, it comes down to two battles.

Obiwan and Anakin that leads to the creation of Darth Vader.

Or the Darth Vader-Luke Skywalker battle in Cloud City in Empire Strikes Back.

Not sure which one I will vote for.

Honorable Mention to Yoda's two battles with Count Dooku and the Emperor. Also, Darth Maul's battle vs. Qui Gon and Obiwan.

They didn't have the significance of the first two, that is why they fall just short.

I had to vote or Obiwan vs. Anakin that leads to Darth Vadar. Just the setting and visualization of that battle and the emotions involved are what sets it apart for me.

I had to vote or Obiwan vs. Anakin that leads to Darth Vadar. Just the setting and visualization of that battle and the emotions involved are what sets it apart for me.

The battle itself is better on this one than the one in Empire.

But the point that Darth tells Luke he is his father. Is pretty good.

You convinced me though.:thumb:

That is a tough question! I had to go with the creation of Darth Vader in #3--that battle was really dark and sinister. But a very close second is the Cloud City battle in Empire. That one through me for a really big loop when I was a kid. I wish I could vote for both of them! But for the battle itself, I think the Obi Wan--Anakin duel is the best. Luke did a lot of screaming in the Empire one and not as much pure fighting.

That is a tough question! I had to go with the creation of Darth Vader in #3--that battle was really dark and sinister. But a very close second is the Cloud City battle in Empire. That one through me for a really big loop when I was a kid. I wish I could vote for both of them! But for the battle itself, I think the Obi Wan--Anakin duel is the best. Luke did a lot of screaming in the Empire one and not as much pure fighting.

That is what I based my vote on - just the pure battle. I also enjoyed Yoda vs. Darth Sideous in the government room on Coruscant.

I watched a version of Return of the Jedi (episode VI) this weekend. The scene at the end where Luke looks upon the ghosts of Yoda, Obiwan, and Anakin has been altered. The middle aged actor who represented Anakin in the original has been digitally replaced with an image of Hayden Christenson who portrayed Anakin prior to his conversion to Darth Vader in episodes II and III.

I liked it although it's a bit unfair that Anakin reverts back to a young man while Ben goes through eternity as an elder and Yoda as a little green goblin.

I watched a version of Return of the Jedi (episode VI) this weekend. The scene at the end where Luke looks upon the ghosts of Yoda, Obiwan, and Anakin has been altered. The middle aged actor who represented Anakin in the original has been digitally replaced with an image of Hayden Christenson who portrayed Anakin prior to his conversion to Darth Vader in episodes II and III.

I liked it although it's a bit unfair that Anakin reverts back to a young man while Ben goes through eternity as an elder and Yoda as a little green goblin.

I saw a version where he saw a vision of Abe Lincoln, an alligator, and Chubs with both arms... wait a minute, that might be Happy Gilmore I'm thinking of.

Maybe they did that because they kept the bodies they had at death. Anakin is the only one who "died" as a young man, even though he turned into Darth Vader. I wish they had left that scene alone, though.