Credible News Source

I see so many posts on here that people put in links to blogs and various other websites that seem biased to say the least to defend their opinions. Does anyone know of any new source that you actually feel delivers an unbiased report of events and news? Or does a place like this exist? It seems for every link posted to something political related there is an equal and oposite link readily availble. (Newton's law I guess) I just wonder if there was a site that we could all come close to an agreement on in regard to their reporting of the news?

I see so many posts on here that people put in links to blogs and various other websites that seem biased to say the least to defend their opinions. Does anyone know of any new source that you actually feel delivers an unbiased report of events and news? Or does a place like this exist? It seems for every link posted to something political related there is an equal and oposite link readily availble. (Newton's law I guess) I just wonder if there was a site that we could all come close to an agreement on in regard to their reporting of the news?

Can't think of any. I think best bet is to cruise multiple sites. It's always interesting to me to see the difference in how a story is reported (or ignored) by CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NY Times, Drudge etc. The truth is out there. It just takes some work to get to it.

PBS is certainly not unbiased. They are a publicly funded source and depend upon National Endowment money for their continued operation. While I highly enjoy many of their programs, anytime there is discussion of government funding they are always for bigger government in media releases and public service statements, and at times have even been hostile. I consider that to be a liberal bias, albeit mild.

PBS is certainly not unbiased. They are a publicly funded source and depend upon National Endowment money for their continued operation. While I highly enjoy many of their programs, anytime there is discussion of government funding they are always for bigger government in media releases and public service statements, and at times have even been hostile. I consider that to be a liberal bias, albeit mild.

It probably is to a professor with a degree in political science. :D

When I have info to report, I try to find the same info in a less biased newssource or even a source that typically opposes the point of view I'm presenting. Adding a link from a non-profit research org who's stated goal is the same as their research findings is like me telling y'all that I did a study and found that I was the smartest and most humble member of BGP.

I don't believe that any news source is unbiased, but the Drudge Report is about as close as it gets. His headlines are often misleading but if a story will generate traffic to his web site, Matt Drudge will give it a prominent position on the page, regardless of his own political bias.

Like HHSDad, if I find a story on a very biased site, then I will post the link to the original article if it is from a credible source. Otherwise, I will try to find another source before posting it here.

I rarely look at the web sites of the TV news networks like CNN, FNC, etc. By the time most news is posted there, I have already read it elsewhere. (They do a pretty good job of covering really big breaking news but that is about the only time I frequent them.)