Credible News Source

But they are talk show hosts, not news anchors or reporters. They are suppose to be biased.

Yet Bill-o Claims every night that the "sping stops" here. Billo and Sean Insanity Hanity are about as un biased as a St.X and Trinity fans.

Any news source will be biased if the reader doesn’t have sense enough to rationally digest it.

The Drudge Report is also a news aggregate. All that is posted is usually to another news source. However, when he does break news it is typically accurate.

Yet Bill-o Claims every night that the "sping stops" here. Billo and Sean Insanity Hanity are about as un biased as a St.X and Trinity fans.

Because you don't like what they have to say doesn't mean it isn't true. And again, they are host of talk shows. They aren't suppose to be unbiased.

• 2 weeks later...
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/55ABE840-AC30-41D2-BDC9-06BBE2A36665.htm

Aljazeera english is something a friend told me about a while ago. I checked it out and I really liked it. It seems to have very little spin in any direction.

I sugggest you check it out.

That's interesting. Their lead anchor just quit, partially because of what he perceived as an increasing anti-American bias.

Interview With Dave Marash

All news sources are biased in some way. The idea that the news should be free of bias is a very new idea (Watergate seems to be about the turning point). Prior to that, there was a Democrat and a Republican newspaper in every major city in America. Until about the 1920's, the Catholics in Louisville got most of their news from their own newspapers because the larger papers were so anti-immigrant and anti-Catholic that it made them almost unreadable. The news media as an entity is just starting to get hold of what the sense of unbiased news really means.

This article is about Aljazeera TV.

He left because they did a story on poor people, and the plight of Chiapis farmers in Mexico. It seems like this is something that needs to be brought to the light and reported on. If you think about it, most around the world see the US as a bunch of rich sinners. They know nothing of the poverty and pain in the US, since the only news coming out is about Brittany or Lindsay.

Also, this is not at all close to all of what Aljazeera has to offer.

This article is about Aljazeera TV.

He left because they did a story on poor people, and the plight of Chiapis farmers in Mexico. It seems like this is something that needs to be brought to the light and reported on. If you think about it, most around the world see the US as a bunch of rich sinners. They know nothing of the poverty and pain in the US, since the only news coming out is about Brittany or Lindsay.

Also, this is not at all close to all of what Aljazeera has to offer.

Dave Marash was asked to give an example of biased coverage against the US and cited the story that you mentioned. He did not say that was the reason that he left. In fact, he said that Al Jazeera English's standards for covering the US have declined over the past 18 months.

It sounds to me that he was tired of being used a propaganda tool.

The two posts above this one highlight an excellent point about the perceived bias in the news media. Both the above posters read the same excerpt. An excerpt, mind you, that was not even an article but a published word-for-word transcription of an interview. And yet the two posters got out of it what they wanted to find.

I don't say this to insult or take issue with either jwstum00 or AcesFull. It just shows that each of us brings our own biases to the table. The news media is no different.

The two posts above this one highlight an excellent point about the perceived bias in the news media. Both the above posters read the same excerpt. An excerpt, mind you, that was not even an article but a published word-for-word transcription of an interview. And yet the two posters got out of it what they wanted to find.

I don't say this to insult or take issue with either jwstum00 or AcesFull. It just shows that each of us brings our own biases to the table. The news media is no different.

What makes you think that I only read an excerpt? I had also read some of Marash's comments elsewhere.

From Newsweek:

With some of the dissent you have expressed, wouldn't you want to stay with Al-Jazeera and provide balance to the types of editorial decisions you opposed?

I thought I could do it from the beginning, but I was wrong. I was encouraged to be their guy in America, but unfortunately for me, only in America are they not meeting an acceptable standard of television news reporting. More and more things began to appear on the air that started embarrassing me. So because I had put my face out there for them, I felt like I had to now take it back.

The End of His Rope

Dave Marash was asked to give an example of biased coverage against the US and cited the story that you mentioned. He did not say that was the reason that he left. In fact, he said that Al Jazeera English's standards for covering the US have declined over the past 18 months.

It sounds to me that he was tired of being used a propaganda tool.

This may be the case. I originally meant to refer to the website as a great source for international news, which is a claim that is not disputed in the transcript.

This may be the case. I originally meant to refer to the website as a great source for international news, which is a claim that is not disputed in the transcript.

I will say that Al-Jazeera's coverage Latin America and sub-Saharan Africa is impressive. In covering it even at all, they cover those regions far more than almost any other news organization.