Student suspended over Mohawk

All Tell

:thumb:

You feel that rules have no place? Codes of conduct? Codes of ethics? Dress codes? There's a time and place for "expressing oneself". IMO, school and most work places are not that forum. There are great benefits to conformity in learning self discipline.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare anyone question authority! BAAAAA! BAAAAAA! Do what you are told, when you are told, and how you are told! BAAAAAAA! BAAAAAA! Now I'm gonna go off and vote for whoever CNN tells me to, fill out out my No Child Left Behind paperwork, turn in my neighbor for terrorism, eat a Big Mac, and drink enough Coca Cola to induce a coma. BAAAAAAA!

If you can't find it within yourself to accept a dress code and rules within the workplace you'll not even be allowed to serve that Big Mac and Coke. One must work one's way up the ladder to shepherd.

If you can't find it within yourself to accept a dress code and rules within the workplace you'll not even be allowed to serve that Big Mac and Coke. One must work one's way up the ladder to shepherd.

It is a simple concept. Those who wish to lead must first learn to follow.

You feel that rules have no place? Codes of conduct? Codes of ethics? Dress codes? There's a time and place for "expressing oneself". IMO, school and most work places are not that forum. There are great benefits to conformity in learning self discipline.
Are you forgetting what high school I went to?:lol:

No, but let's also not fall into the trap of condemning everyone who shows a little bit of individuality. Let's not call them white trash and brand them troublemakers. What if George Washington and the boys followed the rules? I'm all for rules and order, but we don't have to follow blindly. I think the issue is silly. I'm in full agreement that things which distract from the educational process should be prohibited, but let's focus on the educational process. Not some kid's haircut. BTW, I have a mullet and I am deeply offended by any disparaging remarks made about mullets or mullet wearing beings.

I'll have you know that I serve the finest Big Macs and Coke around. The night manager told me if I work hard then maybe they'll let me do fries next week. Like The Jeffersons, I'm moving on up!!!!!

I love you guys. It doesn't take much to get you fired up.

In all honest captain, it isn't a matter of getting fired up. I work in the state school system. It is not the exact incident in itself that we need to look at. Schools have rules for a reason. If you open any of them up to personal interpretation by parents or students, you open them all up. That leads us to a system where students and parents act as they please, which in a school creates anarchy.