Out-of State student proposal rejected by BOE

All Tell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't everyone just go to school where they live? If you don't like your school--just work harder to make it better (as the privates like to tell us about our athletic programs).

I understand the general concept but I think we need to be somewhat realistic. Some adminstrations don't and won't put the necessary emphasis on some sports or sports at all. Only way to change that is to get a totally new school board in place to replace the administration. That can take years. By then you child is out of high school. Some poor coaches remain coaches because of friendships and relationships and no amount of hard work is going to get them removed, if the coach is the problem.

Why do you think is so important that everyone go to school where they live? I'm not forced to work in the community where I live, so why should I be forced to send my kid to my community school if I think there is a better alternative nearby for my kid?

I understand the general concept but I think we need to be somewhat realistic. Some adminstrations don't and won't put the necessary emphasis on some sports or sports at all. Only way to change that is to get a totally new school board in place to replace the administration. That can take years. By then you child is out of high school. Some poor coaches remain coaches because of friendships and relationships and no amount of hard work is going to get them removed, if the coach is the problem.

Why do you think is so important that everyone go to school where they live? I'm not forced to work in the community where I live, so why should I be forced to send my kid to my community school if I think there is a better alternative nearby for my kid?

I agree with Leatherneck. If folks feel their children will be better educated in Kentucky than in their home state, let them in. These folks may choose to live in KY as adults and contribute to our workforce, our tax base, etc.

Another take:folks preach diversity, this is another example of diversity.

I have an idea why don't we just have a lottery and you draw a kid out of a hat and then he goes to your school private or public. Regardless of athletic ability or if they chose to wear girl jeans and wear a teddy bear backpack. Then by the luck of the draw your team is either good or they are just horrible.:lol::lol::lol:

This would solve the recruiting and everything else!

How about this every 6A school gets to pick twice where T & X only pick once too. :lol::lol::lol:

You know I think they should just open it up and if I want to buy a whole defensive line for a year so we can win a state title and I can afford to do that so be it.

I am already on the phone with a few former NFL players who have some big sons!!!:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I assume KY will begin allowing out of

state citizens access to the KY government entitlement programs.

Are you saying publics school is an entitlement program? Like welfare?

Why don't everyone just go to school where they live? If you don't like your school--just work harder to make it better (as the privates like to tell us about our athletic programs).

We tried that. But I had a problem with the whole God being off limits thing, among other issues. :fire:

As far as sports, they don't do enough to be inclusive, which is important since I have a daughter. How many have field hockey and girls lacrosse teams? I'll tell you, virtually none, especialy outside the city of Louisville. The field hockey STATE tourney consisted of teams ALL from Louisville. I question the judgements of a school system who won't even provide oppotunities for my daughter, unless she is a basketball player of course. ;) Start a lacrosse team, or a field hockey team. Get in on the ground floor of lacrosse, or just wait 40 years when you do have a program, then cry because it is dominated by the privates. KCD especially.