Ashland takes another hit..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't this boy a starter? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought he started. I tell you what bothers me about it. I can't help but feel for Mr. Matt Thomas. I don't know what seed that Ashland will be in the district, but if they are a 2 seed and have to face Fairview again without a starter, they may not make it out of the district. And I for one would hate for Matt to end his high school career on the note that his senior season saw Ashland out of the playoffs in football and at home for the regional tournament in basketball. Maybe these other boys can help span the gap left by the boy that departed. If not, it would be a sad thing for Matt to leave on that note.

Keep your head up young Thomas.

Rowe started the majority of the season, but Skaggs had taken the point moving Coleman to post. Going small. As for Bowling and Griffith, they've both been out with injuries. Bowling had a really bad strain with his achilles and Griffith strained his PCL during practice last week, missing several practices and the Fairview and Henry Clay games.

What makes you think they will be better?

OK I will tell you my opinion on the situation. I feel that the young man got upset because he was taken out of the starting line up because Coach Biggs wanted a faster more up tempo game and he was unable to preform at that pace.

Also, if the kid was unhappy he could bring other players down to this level and mess up the morale of the whole team.....:thumb:

That's a pretty harsh sentiment against one of your own. Ashland already struggles to have any inside game and rebounds poorly, so how is losing this guy going to help them in the areas they already struggle in?

Ashland is pretty inconsistant this year so they need help in a whole lot of areas, not just rebounding....

Heres the thing, if he didnt want to be on the team then let him go.....

OK I will tell you my opinion on the situation. I feel that the young man got upset because he was taken out of the starting line up because Coach Biggs wanted a faster more up tempo game and he was unable to preform at that pace.

Also, if the kid was unhappy he could bring other players down to this level and mess up the morale of the whole team.....:thumb:

That's all very possible, but that would be more of a case of him quitting might prevent the team from playing worse instead of him quitting making the team better wouldn't it?

That's all very possible, but that would be more of a case of him quitting might prevent the team from playing worse instead of him quitting making the team better wouldn't it?

Sort of looking at the glass is half empt or half full. Better might be subjective. If his attitude ruined practice, then maybe the others might be dragged down with him.