Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Almost Every State Champ team in the United States

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be missing something.

I didn't realize that California only had three divisions. The playoffs must start in August.

I must be missing something.

 

 

I think he was looking at the number of divisions.

NFLHS.com will produce a state champions list as well that is more complete. There are more champions in a few states (like New York and California).

I do not think that California has state champions. I believe they have sectional champions. With divisions inside of those sections.

Geez, why do Mass. and New Jersey even bother to keep score? Every other team in those states gets a championship trophy. Hmmm...sounds like the direction the KHSAA would like to take us. Let's make everyone feel "included"..."let everyone in the playoffs" "it will be so much fun!!!"

A very few states seperate Public and Private. Most divide by classes and some have divisional differences.

New Jersey sends only 8 teams to the playoffs except for the Group I non-public and only 3 teams make with the #1 seed with an bye. Also there is only about 20 schools in each group. And there is over 400 high schools in the state. http://www.njsiaa.org/SPORTS/Football.aspx

 

Massachusetts is like California they have no statewide Champion but one Champion for the Eastern part of the state(Boston) and then have the Central Champs play the Western Champions to determine the other Champion. http://miaa.ezstream.net/index.cfm?itemid=1871

 

California has only 3 State Champs for over 18,000 high schools. :scared: http://www.cifstate.org/sports/state/football/index.html

New Jersey sends only 8 teams to the playoffs except for the Group I non-public and only 3 teams make with the #1 seed with an bye. Also there is only about 20 schools in each group. And there is over 400 high schools in the state. http://www.njsiaa.org/SPORTS/Football.aspx

 

Massachusetts is like California they have no statewide Champion but one Champion for the Eastern part of the state(Boston) and then have the Central Champs play the Western Champions to determine the other Champion. http://miaa.ezstream.net/index.cfm?itemid=1871

 

California has only 3 State Champs for over 18,000 high schools. :scared: http://www.cifstate.org/sports/state/football/index.html

I counted only around 1100 schools listed on the NORCAL an SOCAL Football School lists. That's still a lot of schools for only 3 state champions.

I noticed that Texas still has state championship games to be played! Looks like two or three are slated for today... now that is a long season.

New Jersey sends only 8 teams to the playoffs except for the Group I non-public and only 3 teams make with the #1 seed with an bye. Also there is only about 20 schools in each group. And there is over 400 high schools in the state. http://www.njsiaa.org/SPORTS/Football.aspx

 

Massachusetts is like California they have no statewide Champion but one Champion for the Eastern part of the state(Boston) and then have the Central Champs play the Western Champions to determine the other Champion. http://miaa.ezstream.net/index.cfm?itemid=1871

 

California has only 3 State Champs for over 18,000 high schools. :scared: http://www.cifstate.org/sports/state/football/index.html

 

I was looking for a bracket, couldn't find one. I think these teams are selected somehow, not sure, anyone know how it works? I don't think there is playoffs except for sectionals.

Not all states that separate public and private list the private schools. For example, there is no listing in Maryland for private schools. Those schools do not compete for state championships. Most compete for conference championships (in conferences consisting totally of private schools).

Not all states that separate public and private list the private schools. For example, there is no listing in Maryland for private schools. Those schools do not compete for state championships. Most compete for conference championships (in conferences consisting totally of private schools).

 

Maryland may be an exception but it is obvious from the scores that most states have the publics and privates playing together.

Maryland may be an exception but it is obvious from the scores that most states have the publics and privates playing together.

 

There are several states that seperate the two. The rivals list did not include the seperate private school championships for several states. Again, nflhs.com will produce a more complete list.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.