Three title games in a row...

mexitucky

I am pretty sure that HHS has not done it. Highlands won 3 in a row but they were with maybe 2 different ones on them. Similar to Trinity. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. The last HHS 3 in a row stint was during Mr. Guidugli's tour of duty.

Yes 1998 was Jared and 1999 and 2000 was Gino

Yes 1998 was Jared and 1999 and 2000 was Gino

Highlands almost did it with 4

Matt Mason who got hurt in Quarterfinals of 95 lost to Bowling Green in Finals(PJ Sauer replaced)

PJ Sauer 1996 Beat Hoptown

Lost in 97 mud bowl with Jared

Jared Lorenzen 98 Beat Waggener

Gino 99 Beat Owensboro

Gino 00 Beat Owensboro

Talk about a pretty good run!!!!

What about Beechwood since they had all the finals in a row?

Who was the QB for NewCath in 84, 85, 86 when they last made three finals in a row?

I have a program from the Finals from last year and if I can find it I'll look stuff up. They have boxscores of all the finals.

Gary(Goose)Gabbard started for 2 of them i know. I don't know about 84

I think you missed the point that he said who has done it with 3 different QB's. I dont know if you have noticed this or not, but there are other schools besides Trinity that have good football programs in the state of KY.

Note my other posts. It was my way of saying their accomplishments are impressive. Chill out. :thumb:

That could be it also. I know that one was a Sr. and one was a Jr. I get them mixed up.

Richardson was the QB in '84 and then got hurt his senoir year, can't remember against whom. Gabbard though was at QB against HHS in '85 though because a BGP regular (new to this here stuff) sacked him as time expired on NCC goal line before he could pass to a wide open Frank Jacobs (right over Steve Webber I do believe).

http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/

Rating experience in football finals

Posted by Mike Fields on December 6, 2007

When Trinity won back-to-back-to-back state football championships in 2001, ‘02 and ‘03, it did it with Brian Brohm as the triggerman at quarterback. Nick Petrino was the QB when the Shamrocks won state titles in 2005 and ‘06. The point? It would seem that stability and experience at QB is a must for a team attempting to win consecutive championships.

But then you look at Newport Central Catholic, which is shooting for a third state title in a row with its third senior QB in three years. In 2005 the Thoroughbreds won the 1A crown with Sam Diehl passing for 256 yards and 4 TDs against Mayfield in the finals. In 2006 Jared Harris was NewCath’s QB and he threw for 257 yards and 4 TDs in a win over Danville in the finals. This season the T-breds will have Rob Kues at QB when they take on Fort Campbell in the finals. Kues was the long snapper on last year’s title team, but this year he’s passed for 2,205 yards and 16 TDs, and run for 707 yards and 10 TDs. It’s a testament to NewCath’s program under the guidance of Bob Schneider that it can replace individual parts and keep producing championship results.