Three title games in a row...

mexitucky

NewCath has made the state championship game for the third year in a row. Of all the teams who have done this, who has done so using three different starting QBs?

Well Trinity did it from 2000-2003. But we had Geoff Riddle in 2000 and Brian Brohm 01-03.

We're about to go to our 3rd in a row since then but again we had Nick Petrino in 05-06 and this year we have Will Stein.

Well Trinity did it from 2000-2003. But we had Geoff Riddle in 2000 and Brian Brohm 01-03.

We're about to go to our 3rd in a row since then but again we had Nick Petrino in 05-06 and this year we have Will Stein.

I understand, and to do three-in-a-row twice is awesome. I was talking about three different starting QBs. 2005 - Sam Diehl; 2006 - Jarrod Harris; 2007 - Mr. Kues.

I understand, and to do three-in-a-row twice is awesome. I was talking about three different starting QBs. 2005 - Sam Diehl; 2006 - Jarrod Harris; 2007 - Mr. Kues.

We also had Jeff Brohm-88 and then Craig DeSinsi-89,90.

But we have never done what NCC has with 3 different QBs. :thumb:

I believe that you are correct. Boyle had Duggans and Smith in their run, but I believe that they were the only two.

You are correct. Duggins led Boyle to the titles in '99,'00 and '01.

Smith led the Rebels to the title game in '02, '03 and '04.

One interesting thought is that these guys were state champs as sophs.

I think you missed the point that he said who has done it with 3 different QB's. I dont know if you have noticed this or not, but there are other schools besides Trinity that have good football programs in the state of KY.

Only other team I can think of that MIGHT have done it would be Highlands maybe?

I am pretty sure that HHS has not done it. Highlands won 3 in a row but they were with maybe 2 different ones on them. Similar to Trinity. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. The last HHS 3 in a row stint was during Mr. Guidugli's tour of duty.