Scott County 82 Gallatin County 36

rojas4

Don't feel sorry for them, losing Mackey may have brought them closer,

but they are LOADED, the 11th will be a war this year!

Look for Phares to be the "new" big factor on this years team, along with proven veterans Portwood, Hundley, and Lee

and there is a lot more talent behind these 4

Biased opinion. Definately biased opinion.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Gallatin County Faithful and just getting home from the game because of sitting in construction traffic, it was a long night. I thought SC would beat us by 20-25 points, but Wow, they are very tough. I will say that it really shows how size can really make a hugh difference. Even if a SC players was guarding us 2 feet away, they could still block our shots because they were 1/2 foot or more taller. Also, I wish the 8th region refs would allow players to play this aggressive with their bodies when guarding and players going up for shots.

Ballard would have been a better test. Scott County will be the eas favorites.

I watched Ballard play a scrimmage game a couple weeks ago. Ballard is very very deep and is very athletic. I would not predict an easy win for any team on Ballard's home court.

Also, I wish the 8th region refs would allow players to play this aggressive with their bodies when guarding and players going up for shots.

I never did like 8th region officials. I think they have a tendancy to call the game way too tight, much like the 9th region. Its hard to get in the flow of the game. Overall, I think the Bluegrass Officials Association officials are better than the 8th region officials.

Don't feel sorry for them, losing Mackey may have brought them closer,

but they are LOADED, the 11th will be a war this year!

Look for Phares to be the "new" big factor on this years team, along with proven veterans Portwood, Hundley, and Lee

and there is a lot more talent behind these 4

I doubt anybody will feel sorry for Scott County. How many new players do they have this year?

Teammomaholic is right. 1 1/2 hours of construction traffic on top of a long game for the Wildcats doesn't make for a good ride home. I have a bit farther to go, so make it 2 1/2 hours. :mad:

Scott County is a great team. I was sitting right behind the Scott County bench during the game and what impressed me was that the Cardinals weren't smack talking even being up by such a huge margin. There are some teams that I won't mention on here that would have just given it to the Wildcats.

Coach Hicks pulled the starters at the beginning on the 4th quarter and played I believe his entire bench. When you score 20 before the other team scores their first points, :scared:

The Wildcats will learn from this game. In talking to Coach Jones after the game, he said that he told the boys that very thing. They didn't expect to come away with a win, but they will build on this experience when facing the likes of Anderson, Simon Kenton and Shelby this year.

This years Wildcats schedule according to Coach Jones is the most brutal that he has put together. He did it on purpose.

Gallatin County needs to keep their head up. Maddox isn't at 100% with his injury, and they were a bit shell shocked last night, but they will be fine.

Scott County is a buzzsaw. They'll return to Rupp.

You have to give Gallatin credit. You do not get better as a team if you continue to play the 4 or 5 surrounding county schools. Scheduling might have made it even more of a challenge, being that close to the end of football season and Maddox's injury. But I think it was a great step to increase our level of competition around this area.

You have to give Gallatin credit. You do not get better as a team if you continue to play the 4 or 5 surrounding county schools. Scheduling might have made it even more of a challenge, being that close to the end of football season and Maddox's injury. But I think it was a great step to increase our level of competition around this area.

This loss hurts them now, but will help down the road. It lets Johnny's players know exactly what it takes to be considered among the elite. You only get better by playing good teams, not by loading up on softies.

I will say that Scott County does have a lot of class. There cheerleaders were even classy because they even tried to cheer quitely.

I did have some Scott County fans ask me why a Class A team would come play a Class AAAAAA team. Many people don't understand the incentives involved and I am glad our Wildcats experienced this.

Saturday Night against Walton should be a totally different game.

I never did like 8th region officials. I think they have a tendancy to call the game way too tight, much like the 9th region. Its hard to get in the flow of the game. Overall, I think the Bluegrass Officials Association officials are better than the 8th region officials.

How did the 'new' transfer from Henry Clay play for Scott.....

Don't get me started on 8th Region officials!!!:thumb:

Don't get me started on 8th Region officials!!!:thumb:

If 11th region refs are with the Bluegrass Ref assocation, who is the 8th with. I actually thought all KHSAA refs were trained from the same standards.

Our boys in the 8th and 9th are afraid to breath on a player without getting called for a foul. Why isn't there a standard for all ref assocations?