Scott County 82 Gallatin County 36

rojas4

If 11th region refs are with the Bluegrass Ref assocation, who is the 8th with. I actually thought all KHSAA refs were trained from the same standards.

Our boys in the 8th and 9th are afraid to breath on a player without getting called for a foul. Why isn't there a standard for all ref assocations?

8th & 9th region officials from what I've seen and heard are notorious for calling ticky-tack fouls, especially hand checks by the guards. BG Assn. officials and most of the rest of the state seem to generally allow more physical play, and many feel the NKY teams are at a disadvantage when traveling due to those differences.

You see a lot of that sometimes when the NKY 10th region teams (Pendleton, Campbell, Scott, Silver Grove, Brossart) play their 8th & 9th region brethern. Tough to adjust both ways depending on who's the home team. Agree it needs to be more uniform, but its probably the 8th & 9th as the exception, and the remainder of the state as the rule!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 11th region refs are with the Bluegrass Ref assocation, who is the 8th with. I actually thought all KHSAA refs were trained from the same standards.

Our boys in the 8th and 9th are afraid to breath on a player without getting called for a foul. Why isn't there a standard for all ref assocations?

I think the officials in the 8th region have their own officials association. I know when Scott Co was in the 8th region there were several years that Scott Co choose to use the Bluegrass Officials Association instead of the 8th region association for their home games. This was due to their frustration with 8th region officials. I always thought this hurt Scott County in the 8th regional tournaments. There were years it seemed the 8th region officials took a "take that" attitude towards Scott Co in the tournament.

I think the officials in the 8th region have their own officials association. I know when Scott Co was in the 8th region there were several years that Scott Co choose to use the Bluegrass Officials Association instead of the 8th region association for their home games. This was due to their frustration with 8th region officials. I always thought this hurt Scott County in the 8th regional tournaments. There were years it seemed the 8th region officials took a "take that" attitude towards Scott Co in the tournament.

Can a team choose to use Bluegrass Officials or do they have to use the officials in their region?

8th & 9th region officials from what I've seen and heard are notorious for calling ticky-tack fouls, especially hand checks by the guards. BG Assn. officials and most of the rest of the state seem to generally allow more physical play, and many feel the NKY teams are at a disadvantage when traveling due to those differences.

You see a lot of that sometimes when the NKY 10th region teams (Pendleton, Campbell, Scott, Silver Grove, Brossart) play their 8th & 9th region brethern. Tough to adjust both ways depending on who's the home team. Agree it needs to be more uniform, but its probably the 8th & 9th as the exception, and the remainder of the state as the rule!!

My thoughts exactly! I agree with you that the 8th-9th region teams are at a huge disadvantage when playing teams that are allowed to be more physical. It took the game from our kids very fast. They were hand checking, bumping them off the ball with there bodies, and just flat out manhandling them. To Gallatin's credit, they came out in the 2nd half and had a few players give some of it back to the Cardinals.

All things considered, Gallatin learned what it takes to play at that level. Hopefully they can use it to there advantage and build on it.

Can a team choose to use Bluegrass Officials or do they have to use the officials in their region?

A school cannot choose its officials but can choose the officials association for their home games. Most all choose the association that covers their particular region. By the way, the Bluegrass association cover more than the 11th region. I know they cover the 10th region and maybe others.

A school cannot choose its officials but can choose the officials association for their home games. Most all choose the association that covers their particular region. By the way, the Bluegrass association cover more than the 11th region. I know they cover the 10th region and maybe others.

Pretty sure they cover some of the 12th Region games as well.

I personally wouldn't know officials from one region to another. I have no problem with physical play and in the 11th it gets real physical. With regard to hand checks, I do see many times refs let alot of this go and I have a problem with it when a defender gains an advantage with the hand check. It is basically a situation where the defender is holding. This type foul is often let go when a defending team is behind.

The only option for a ballhandler when physical hand checks or holds are allowed is to get physical themselves by either knocking the hand check off or using their shoulders.

I personally wouldn't know officials from one region to another. I have no problem with physical play and in the 11th it gets real physical. With regard to hand checks, I do see many times refs let alot of this go and I have a problem with it when a defender gains an advantage with the hand check. It is basically a situation where the defender is holding. This type foul is often let go when a defending team is behind.

The only option for a ballhandler when physical hand checks or holds are allowed is to get physical themselves by either knocking the hand check off or using their shoulders.

Fanofthe11th, love your avatar The American Ball Eagle is just an amazing animal.

Your post is right on here. I kept yelling they are holding us.

I know you couldn't tell from this game, but believe it or not Gallatin is a very aggressive team, I would love to have refs like this in the 8th.