Deer Hunting - What is the one thing that I had better not leave home....?

Riverside 157

Thanks for all of the great ideas.... I think I actually have all of them on my list. Now, I just have to be sure to pack everything..... Looking forward to hunting with my brother, who has succusfully baged a buck the last three years off of this mountian top.... thanks to everyone for the insight. I will post results on the 12th.....

Warm boots/clothing. You can endure a LOT if you are dressed warmly. On the other hand, being too cold, especially your feet, will make the experience miserable.

As the Scandinavians up in Wisconsin & Minnesota say, "there's no such thing as bad weather; only bad clothing."

This will be my 4th year of serious hunting. I know that all hunters dream about the big one or the score. Always remember that all great hunts may not end with a massive buck. It's not alway the points, the spread, or the score that matter. Sometimes it's the story (the difficulty of the shot) behind the hunt. Just enjoy the whisper of nature.

P.S. The therma care heat wraps seem to feel really good when the temperature drops. They give long lasting heat.

This will be my 4th year of serious hunting. I know that all hunters dream about the big one or the score. Always remember that all great hunts may not end with a massive buck. It's not alway the points, the spread, or the score that matter. Sometimes it's the story (the difficulty of the shot) behind the hunt. Just enjoy the whisper of nature.

P.S. The therma care heat wraps seem to feel really good when the temperature drops. They give long lasting heat.

:thumb: Great post!! and Welcome to BGP.

Here's a nice little list of 10 things not to forget!

1.License, Hunters Education Card (if age requires it)

2. Blaze orange hat and vest

3.Gun and Shells

4.Plenty of Clothing (I cannot stress this enough)

5. Flashlight

6. Knife

7 Walkie-Talkies if you are hunting near someone you know.

8. Something warm to drink!

9. Binoculars

10. A meal in your stomach!

But most of all, bring your common sense. Hunting can be the most thrilling thing any sportsman will do, but it can also be a dangerous thing if you aren't careful!

Have fun hunting this season! (I know I will!)