Can high school football programs be too successful?

Frank329

Can high school football programs be too successful?

For example the 2007 schedule:

Cov Cath – Lasalle (OH), Elder (OH), St. Charles (OH), and St. Xavier (KY).

Highlands – Trotwood Madison (OH), Hopkinsville (KY), Lexington Catholic (KY), Madison Central (KY), and Louisville Central (KY).

Is it hard for some high school programs that are too successful to schedule a ten game regular season?

Are the games scheduled to improve the team?

What is your opinion?

CCH played the hand dealt on the schedule and I think we will see them water it down just a little bit more in the future.

I thought Highlands' schedule was perfect this year.

Teams like CCH and Highlands really need to look at 2nd and 3rd tier Cincy teams. I realize those games aren't as sexy as close losses to the big boys but they are ideal match ups for the KY schools.

I do agree that this year's Highlands schedule was perfect. It had some tough teams on it and it also provided some relief for the birds after hard-fought victories. I truly believe that with the exception of St. X-Cinci, the birds could have played Elder, Colerain, etc. I like what Dale is doing with the schedule. The only game I would not mind seeing come back would be the NCC game. If both win state this year, it would make sense to consider it again. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCH had the toughest schedule in my opinion. I think that was Rodenbergs schedule and CCH never changed it. But I like to see these NKY teams go up and play teams like Elder, Moeler, St. X. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. And it gets you ready for the only thing that counts.........the playoffs.