The Mist by Stephen King

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the story years ago. I'm having a hard time imagining this one coming off as well as a film. There have been alot of Stephen King stories that would've been better off left between the pages of a book. The Shining being the exception, of course.

I would have to add the Dead Zone and Shawshank Redemption...

Read the story years ago. I'm having a hard time imagining this one coming off as well as a film. There have been alot of Stephen King stories that would've been better off left between the pages of a book. The Shining being the exception, of course.

You mean you didn't like Maximum Overdrive??? :scared:

:lol:

If anyone is into DVD commentaries and behind the scenes stuff, I cannot recommend highly enough the commentaries on Green Mile and Shawshank. Frank Darabont is a lot of fun to listen to and gives out all kinds of neat tidbits about the making of each film.

I would assume he will record or has recorded a commentary for The Mist and will look forward to that next year.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree. Stephen King is a brilliant author. But sometimes, abad adaptation can make that hard to prove.

But, I too loved The Shining and Shawshank Redemption. ;)

redrum

How was Salem's Lot as a movie? Never saw it, but have read everything that Stephen and Richard Bachman has written.

Kind of curious too. I just read it over Halloween and remember being too scared to watch it as a kid.

Kind of curious too. I just read it over Halloween and remember being too scared to watch it as a kid.

The only time a book made me jump. Sorta the book.

I was listening to an album. Remember how the old speakers would POP after being on but not used for awhile.

Well the main character is going down the hallway and coming to where the vampires lurked for him and................ my speaker's pop and I jump and about wet my pants.:lol:

And if you are talking Stephen King books/stories that were made into the movie, right behind Shawshank as the best is "Stand By Me.

I keep forgetting about all these other stories that were written by King. It's funny, you think of him as a writer of Horror stories; but he has branched out well beyond that genre.