Breds Win !!!

Dlbdonn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many respects, the club coaches have a much easier job. They take the best players from many different schools and put together a strong team with many interchangeable parts.

With the exception of schools like Assumption, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Louisville HC, Notre Dame and maybe St. Henry, the high school teams are made up of a few club players and athletes from other sports. Coaches must add some chemistry and try to solve differing objectives to make a cohesive unit. This is no easy task.

KUDOS to the high school coaches!!! :thumb:

Disclaimer: Not intended to offend other teams with a high percentage of club players on the high school roster.

In many respects, the club coaches have a much easier job. They take the best players from many different schools and put together a strong team with many interchangeable parts.

With the exception of schools like Assumption, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Louisville HC, Notre Dame and maybe St. Henry, the high school teams are made up of a few club players and athletes from other sports. Coaches must add some chemistry and try to solve differing objectives to make a cohesive unit. This is no easy task.

KUDOS to the high school coaches!!! :thumb:

Disclaimer: Not intended to offend other teams with a high percentage of club players on the high school roster.

:ylsuper::ylsuper:

I'll also say congrats and once again make known my dismay that volleyball plays their State tourney on many Senior nights for football. If I am not mistaken NCC football plays their final home game against the Camels that night at 7.

I almost always agree with your views, but have to take exception to this one. When would you suggest volleybal play their state tourney? Everything doesn't revolve around football, especially regular season games. The state tourney dates are established long before Senior nights so maybe that could be changed. I sympathize with those who want to be at both, but this is the STATE TOURNAMENT. With so much going on in the Fall, there are bound to be conflicts. Last volleyball abd soccer finals conflicted also. It can't be avoided.

Congrats to the Breds they will represent the 10th well.:thumb:

Theres alot about Volleyball that needs fixed.:irked:

No sport is perfect, but I'm curious about exactly needs "fixing" in volleyball. I think it is as exciting as any sport there is, as attested to by the CC/NewCath match.

No sport is perfect, but I'm curious about exactly needs "fixing" in volleyball. I think it is as exciting as any sport there is, as attested to by the CC/NewCath match.

Well, for one thing, and I know this comes up every year.......Some districts seed and some pick their opponent out of a hat. Should be uniformly done throughout the state. IMO, all districts should seed.

Well, for one thing, and I know this comes up every year.......Some districts seed and some pick their opponent out of a hat. Should be uniformly done throughout the state. IMO, all districts should seed.

Don't disagree at all, but basketball has the same problem. Also, to seed everyone has to play all other teams in the district and some schools don't want to do this. If I had a say I would seed also. But you will never get the weaker schools to agree to this as a blind draw is practically their only hope of getting to te region. In basketball they vote every year and it is alwys 3-2 to not seed, with highlans an NewCath in favor and Dayton, Newport and Bellevue opposed. What can you do? It has to come from the state and I think they will be reluctant to step in.

Don't disagree at all, but basketball has the same problem. Also, to seed everyone has to play all other teams in the district and some schools don't want to do this. If I had a say I would seed also. But you will never get the weaker schools to agree to this as a blind draw is practically their only hope of getting to te region. In basketball they vote every year and it is alwys 3-2 to not seed, with highlans an NewCath in favor and Dayton, Newport and Bellevue opposed. What can you do? It has to come from the state and I think they will be reluctant to step in.

You are exactly right on that one. I didnt know basketball was the same way. Both should have been set up correctly from the start.

I almost always agree with your views, but have to take exception to this one. When would you suggest volleybal play their state tourney? Everything doesn't revolve around football, especially regular season games. The state tourney dates are established long before Senior nights so maybe that could be changed. I sympathize with those who want to be at both, but this is the STATE TOURNAMENT. With so much going on in the Fall, there are bound to be conflicts. Last volleyball abd soccer finals conflicted also. It can't be avoided.

If Volleyball is going to avoid Friday nights throughout the season, then why start the State tourney on a Friday night? Because everything does revolve around football. No v-ball and no soccer for the most part on Friday nights with good reason, because those sports can draw larger crowds by playing on other nights or on Saturdays.

Why not play it on Saturday and Sunday? And don't anyone say games shouldn't take place on a Sunday. Of the final four teams that would be left on Sunday probably 100% of the girls are used to playing on Sundays in club volleyball or high school tournaments.

Additionally playing Friday / Saturday in a location 5 miles from the Ohio border means the majority of fans cannot travel from all over the state as easy as they might for a Saturday/Sunday tourney.

If Volleyball is going to avoid Friday nights throughout the season, then why start the State tourney on a Friday night? Because everything does revolve around football. No v-ball and no soccer for the most part on Friday nights with good reason, because those sports can draw larger crowds by playing on other nights or on Saturdays.

Why not play it on Saturday and Sunday? And don't anyone say games shouldn't take place on a Sunday. Of the final four teams that would be left on Sunday probably 100% of the girls are used to playing on Sundays in club volleyball or high school tournaments.

Additionally playing Friday / Saturday in a location 5 miles from the Ohio border means the majority of fans cannot travel from all over the state as easy as they might for a Saturday/Sunday tourney.

Just because v'ball teams don't play on Friday in NKY doesn't mean it is this way throughout the state. Many games are played on Friday in Louisville, the other hotbed for the sport. Games scheduled by the KHSAA will NOT be played on Sunday, because the vast majority of the teams in the state come from areas that don't play ANYTHING on Sunday. I agree it would be nicer on everyone to play on Saturday/ Sunday, but the sports world doesn't revolve around NKY. It would be nice if football , basketball, soccer, track, etc state tourneys were all played on Sat/ Sun, but again the KHSAA will NOT allow it because any such proposal would be overwhelmingly be voted down by the majority of schools outside NKY and Louisville.

P.S. I will hate to miss a football game Friday also, but the V'ball State tourney will take precedence.

Just because v'ball teams don't play on Friday in NKY doesn't mean it is this way throughout the state. Many games are played on Friday in Louisville, the other hotbed for the sport. Games scheduled by the KHSAA will NOT be played on Sunday, because the vast majority of the teams in the state come from areas that don't play ANYTHING on Sunday. I agree it would be nicer on everyone to play on Saturday/ Sunday, but the sports world doesn't revolve around NKY. It would be nice if football , basketball, soccer, track, etc state tourneys were all played on Sat/ Sun, but again the KHSAA will NOT allow it because any such proposal would be overwhelmingly be voted down by the majority of schools outside NKY and Louisville.

P.S. I will hate to miss a football game Friday also, but the V'ball State tourney will take precedence.

I know the basketball All-A is not KHSAA sponsored but I haven't noticed any backlash against playing on Sundays there.

The schools know that they could be playing on Sunday and yet all still enter hoping that they do get that chance to play on Sunday.

Why would volleyball (4 teams playing on Sunday) be any different than 4 basketball teams playing on Sunday?

Saturday/Sunday would be better for fans and better for players (exposure to colleges, no missed classes, etc.)

Why could this not happen similar to the All-A?

I know the basketball All-A is not KHSAA sponsored but I haven't noticed any backlash against playing on Sundays there.

The schools know that they could be playing on Sunday and yet all still enter hoping that they do get that chance to play on Sunday.

Why would volleyball (4 teams playing on Sunday) be any different than 4 basketball teams playing on Sunday?

Saturday/Sunday would be better for fans and better for players (exposure to colleges, no missed classes, etc.)

Why could this not happen similar to the All-A?

I am not disagreeing with you at all about the Sat/Sun advantages. The answer is in your first statement, however. The All A is simply an "invitational" tourney, so schools enter knowing they may play on Sunday. The KHSAA is NOT going to go on record as santioning Sunday play. If teams on their own want to play, that's their own decision. As I mentioned, it would be good for ALL sports to play the state finals on the weekend, but football, baseball, etc. doesn't do it either. Who wants to go to a football state final afternoon on Friday, but that is what happens. I don't want to say it is a "religious" thing, but bottom that is what it is. Their are some public school in NKY that don't play on Wednesday nights because that is Church night, and heaven knows the KHSAA already has it's hands full along these lines. Bottom line, I agree with all your reasoning but I'm saying it just won't happen.

Than do this.Play it on the weekend and have an all denominational service on Sunday morning before the rest of the tourny starts.Most of the teams that are worried about the "religous" part are probably going to be home on Saturday night anyways.This is not a dig but a fact.The teams that make the final 4 always have club players and they miss Sundays alot because of this but thats why they are in the final 4.It only makes sense.The girls don't miss class on Friday.You get a better gate because fans that don't have teams involved won't take off work like I'm going to do.My only other beef is how does the state get the best 12 VB teams to the state tourny.They have it set up for the most part in the other sports but VB is by far the worse.

I am not disagreeing with you at all about the Sat/Sun advantages. The answer is in your first statement, however. The All A is simply an "invitational" tourney, so schools enter knowing they may play on Sunday. The KHSAA is NOT going to go on record as santioning Sunday play. If teams on their own want to play, that's their own decision. As I mentioned, it would be good for ALL sports to play the state finals on the weekend, but football, baseball, etc. doesn't do it either. Who wants to go to a football state final afternoon on Friday, but that is what happens. I don't want to say it is a "religious" thing, but bottom that is what it is. Their are some public school in NKY that don't play on Wednesday nights because that is Church night, and heaven knows the KHSAA already has it's hands full along these lines. Bottom line, I agree with all your reasoning but I'm saying it just won't happen.

Is the KHSAA not the very same schools as the schools entering the All-A? The KHSAA is the high schools in KY. The schools entering the All-A are what 40% of the schools in the KHSAA. Not to mention more teams (Boys and Girls) in the All-A than what volleyball has(just Girls) playing for the state championship.

How can they not have a problem with playing basketball on Sundays.....in fact they are all TRYING to be able to play on Sundays........but yet we can't play other sports on Sundays? For what reason? Too easy for fans to attend? Kids will actually be in school all week?

Has anyone ever proposed moving the Track championships to Saturday/ Sunday? Why can't we have 4 football games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday?

I just don't buy the religious thing preventing Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening athletic events. If it is a religious thing, then all the schools in the All-A should refuse to participate.