Breds Win !!!

Dlbdonn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than do this.Play it on the weekend and have an all denominational service on Sunday morning before the rest of the tourny starts.Most of the teams that are worried about the "religous" part are probably going to be home on Saturday night anyways.This is not a dig but a fact.The teams that make the final 4 always have club players and they miss Sundays alot because of this but thats why they are in the final 4.It only makes sense.The girls don't miss class on Friday.You get a better gate because fans that don't have teams involved won't take off work like I'm going to do.My only other beef is how does the state get the best 12 VB teams to the state tourny.They have it set up for the most part in the other sports but VB is by far the worse.

Volleybal is set up exactly like basketball. If you have 16 regional winners you are never going to get the best 16 teams in the tourney. The fact of the matter is that probably 14/15 of the best volleyball teams in the state come from the 4 regions that encompass Louisville and NKY. Until the rest of the state catches up, it will remain that way. Sacred Heart is ranked 26th in the countryand they are not even the tourney.

Is the KHSAA not the very same schools as the schools entering the All-A? The KHSAA is the high schools in KY. The schools entering the All-A are what 40% of the schools in the KHSAA. Not to mention more teams (Boys and Girls) in the All-A than what volleyball has(just Girls) playing for the state championship.

How can they not have a problem with playing basketball on Sundays.....in fact they are all TRYING to be able to play on Sundays........but yet we can't play other sports on Sundays? For what reason? Too easy for fans to attend? Kids will actually be in school all week?

Has anyone ever proposed moving the Track championships to Saturday/ Sunday? Why can't we have 4 football games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday?

I just don't buy the religious thing preventing Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening athletic events. If it is a religious thing, then all the schools in the All-A should refuse to participate.

You're missing my point. I'm not saying it can't be done, obviously it can since the All A does it. SOMEONE (school) has to make the proposal to the KHSAA and apparently no one has thought is that big a problem to do so. I'm betting you won't find a school willing to make that proposal, whether you think is "church" related or not. IMO no Superintendent is going or record as being the one proposing SUNDAY games.