UFC 77: Hostile Territory

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (for middleweight title)

Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera

Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami

Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz

Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer

Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes

Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson

Ryan Jensen vs. Demian Maia

Jason Black vs. Matt Grice

Thoughts and predictions please.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (for middleweight title)

Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera

Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami

Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz

Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer

Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes

Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson

Ryan Jensen vs. Demian Maia

Jason Black vs. Matt Grice

Thoughts and predictions please.

Silva vs Franklin = Silva

Sylvia vs Vera = Vera

MaDonald vs Okami = Okami

Burkman vs Petz = Burkman

Bonnar vs Schafer = Bonnar

Belcher vs Starnes = Belcher

Gurgel vs Robinson = Gurgel

Weak, Weak card not a lot of people are going to buy it on PPV.

Honestly I don't care if I watch it or not....

I wouldn't buy it, but I want to see the Silva/Franklin match too bad.

Other than that, it leaves a lot to be desired. The next one in November is even worse...Tito and Rashad is the main event. Pathetic. December is looking up though...BJ Penn vs. somebody for the Lightweight Title...Hughes vs. Serra for the Welterweight...and Wanderlei Silva's debut.

As for predictions...I'll have to think about it.

I'm taking Silva in the title fight...that should be good news for Franklin fans, since I haven't picked a marquee fight correctly since...hmmm...I'm trying to remember...I think it was Silva/Marquardt.:scared:

I'm just pumped that I'm watching this live from a suite. I rolled with Rich more than a few times before he'd ever fought a MMA fight. He's the GUY that you root for. Great person.

I like Anderson Silva, but I will be cheering for Franklin. I was a fan of his while he was the champion, and I'm a fan now.

I wouldn't buy it, but I want to see the Silva/Franklin match too bad.

Other than that, it leaves a lot to be desired. The next one in November is even worse...Tito and Rashad is the main event. Pathetic. December is looking up though...BJ Penn vs. somebody for the Lightweight Title...Hughes vs. Serra for the Welterweight...and Wanderlei Silva's debut.

As for predictions...I'll have to think about it.

I'm taking Silva in the title fight...that should be good news for Franklin fans, since I haven't picked a marquee fight correctly since...hmmm...I'm trying to remember...I think it was Silva/Marquardt.:scared:

Tito and Rashad isnt fighting anymore next month. It will be Rashad and Bisping so says mmajunkie.com Which is pretty big load of you know what in my book. Tito and Rashad should fight as well as Hamil and Bisping agian. If they can put both of those fights on the card, that would be wounderful. As for this event, ill be there lol. Rich is letting my friends and I come with him before the fight. Good luck rich.:dancingpa

Tito and Rashad isnt fighting anymore next month. It will be Rashad and Bisping so says mmajunkie.com Which is pretty big load of you know what in my book. Tito and Rashad should fight as well as Hamil and Bisping agian. If they can put both of those fights on the card, that would be wounderful. As for this event, ill be there lol. Rich is letting my friends and I come with him before the fight. Good luck rich.:dancingpa

Hamill is injured as well, so there's no way he and Bisping can fight right now. I wouldn't pay $40 to see any combination of two fights from those 4 guys, much less pay to see just one fight. They're nice under or mid card fights, but if they're not going to sell PPV's if I'm buying. I think UFC probably realized that they could strengthen the December card by moving the Lightweight title fight to complement the Serra/Hughes match and Silva's debut...rather than having two weak cards. Plus, Tito probably still sells pretty good for them (why is beyond me), so they can get something in November from him and then come back with a pretty good card in December. It makes sense.

I won't be watching the November PPV, and I probably wouldn't have bought the December show had they not moved the BJ Penn fight.

UFC officially anounced Bisping vs Evans for UFC 78. Not a bad main event, but not worth buying. I'll be at Hooters again.

UFC officially anounced Bisping vs Evans for UFC 78. Not a bad main event, but not worth buying. I'll be at Hooters again.

Yep. Although it would almost be worth buying to see Evans show Bisping how to win without bad judges.